Life sucks but its easier with pot?

Gus's p.o.v.

It was nearing the end of lunch, so i looked at my schedule and saw our next class was Language Arts. Diego told me he'd "Catch up with me in a few, going to the bathroom". Which i'd deciphered as either honesty or "I'm going to skip class".When I did find the classroom it was still pretty empty, which was great. It's a lot less intimidating to enter and empty classroom than a full one. I took a seat four rows back, out of five. The desks were rectangular grey tables with two chairs underneath each. I didn't think I needed to worry about anyone else sitting by me besides Diego, so I just sat down and started looking through my phone, Eventually settling on my text history with Diego. A few minutes later I realized class was about to start and Diego still wasn't here. I knew there was a chance he'd bail, but I thought he wouldn't on the first week of school. I was just getting lost in thought when i felt a familiar hand ruffle my pastel-pink hair. "Sup' baby" Diego said. "Hey" I replied. Just then I realized what was taking him so long when the heavy maple scent of pot hit me. He slumped down in the seat beside me, obviously relaxed by the weed he'd been smoking. "How much did you smoke dude?" I asked. "I got something for you" he said, not answering my question. I looked at him curiously as he pulled a large chocolate cookie out of his backpack in a ziplock bag. Without thinking, i grinned. He knew I had a soft spot for edibles, particularly the type that were chocolate and soft baked. I guess he noticed my edible-fixated trance, because he put a hand over his heart and said jokingly "Why can you never look at me as lovingly as you look at chocolate and pot?" He said handing me the bag. With the same grin on my face, I gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek, "Thanks".