4

The boys had a huge downgrade from the girls. Just a metal box with no rooms and no cots to sleep on. Ellis was a big help as he let me lay on his stomach, I couldn't sleep even if we had the corner everyone tried to claim on. I felt stares as I know a lot of these men were looking at me. It was dark in here and all I did to help was stare at the one red dot next to the door they tossed everyone in here from.

I started to doze off, something grabbed my ankle. I shook it off, trying to see if it was accidental, but I heard a noise like what we heard out there. It clawed me worse then a human could! A zombie! I screamed and started kicking it as I felt it's grasp trying to pull me in closer to it's mouth.

The lights came on, as the boys woke up to see a in process to mutate into a hunter. It screamed like a banshee and I kicked it enough to make it let go and I stood up. I kicked it more times in the head as Nick and Ellis held it down.

"Guards!" Coach screamed, as the red light turned green and a person with a rifle aimed towards us. He took the shot to kill it as I breathed out heavily seeing as I could've died. "Are you okay?" Coach asked as the boys got off of the premature hunter and men came over to get the corpse.

"What the hell..." I saw it get taken away. In the girls room, we usually get turned into spitters or normal one as witches need to be dying of hunger. "How many times has that happened?" I asked them.

"Twice a night, usually it's just basic zombies." Nick muttered. "We haven't had a hunter since we arrived. We had a tank once, but he was just like a charger with two big arms."

"We get spitters and normal ones." I looked to Ellis to see him glancing at my ankle. "I'm okay, at least it's not glass." I told him.

"Shut up, girly! We're trying to sleep!" A scream just like from the other place.

"I know, but good thing the guards didn't see... they usually take people out and kill them if they do." Ellis frowned, as I looked back at it. Not enough to drip blood, just beed itself along it. "But, it's okay." He relaxed me. "We're immune." Ellis smiled as I began to sit down on the floor and lay on him again. "We'll get lucky, and probably not get another infected." He shrugged it off, talk his cap off and setting it on my face. "It's okay, we'll protect you too." He whispered,and I adjusted the cap and looked at the red dot again. Terrified, I didn't even bother to try to get sleep but my body did fall asleep anyways.