10

We salvaged, hunted, killed, and retreated back after an hour of searching. By now I was already pissy about now because I didn't want to go back. Ellis and Nick held their guns for me as they knew I was probably the worst here with a gun, yet I still mange to make a leader. Everyone stuck together and we made the best team, but now it was time to hijack the bus and leave on our terms.

"Hey bus driver, do you have to make calls that's we're on our way back?" I asked, seeing him glare and then turn back answering a call and saying everything he need. I held my hand out, and had a pistol handed to me. I raised it to his head, and just as he finished I shot him. It surprised everyone and caused them all to stand up. Ellis and Nick were surprised that I didn't just hold him hostage or something. I didn't want to, grabbed onto the body to open the doors and toss him outside. "Well that settled that." I dusted my hands and turned to everyone as they wanted a reason.

"What the hell?" Some asked.

"I'm sorry, but we're not going back." I told them all. "All the food we collected wasn't for us, it was for them!" I explained. "If they didn't have any troubles with killing half of us, they're gonna do it to us when we get too old." I sat down in the driver's seat. Wait, I don't know how to drive a bus. "Ellis...? You think you know how to drive a bus?" I asked, looking at him as he stood up to replace me.

"Yea'!" He smiled. "Where to?"

"Out of this damn state." I said looking at everyone. "Well, I'm sorry to say that you're no longer apart of the military's men. I would rather die by a hunter then be threaten constantly..."

"But it was safe in there!" An outburst.

"Didn't it occur to you that they randomly had a bunch of hunters and a witch to spare? They pulled them out like nothing, and you could've been in there as much as the next guy." Nick joined in, standing up in the bus. "Did any of your friend in there die?" Nick asked, as we stayed silent. "For fuck sakes, I almost died if no one lied about me."

"I would've stayed in the women's shelter if I didn't lie about not being able to have a baby. They treat humans like lab rats, and kill anyone that dares to question it!" I yelled. "Would you rather survive on your own in this little world, or be sent out to get other's food?" No one spoke up, as we all knew we were in constant threat to die by other humans. "So please, I'm not asking you to be your leader, I wanna help you and myself out to get out of there. If you wish, you can leave but you'll probably have a higher chance with staying with us."

"Yew' Y'all should listen, she's purdy, and smart!" Ellis remarked as I just smiled at his goofy ways as he drove on.

"Who's in?"