15

"The street's covered with barricades, I really think we should find another route." Ellis suggested, as we went past a least a hand full of roads to get to the coastline somewhere near the islands. "We ain't gon' get closer then this." He added as I brush my hair back in annoyance, the sons of bitches really did block off every path. It was more like trying to keep the infection in the inside with the fences having reinforcements in our side of the wall.

"I guess we have to, I don't think this bus can run over a metal wall." I looked back to the survivors, we were hungry again I could tell by my own stomach and I've been resisting the urge to grab a can of food to eat it with my bare hands. "We can't carry food without wasting space, so we should probably eat now and find stuff along the way... and by the looks on the walls it should mean that tnt whole country got infected before anyone else."

"Great, we're fucked." Nick whipped out the good confidence he gives out so much.

"Ellis, hand Nick a pocket knife or something. He's gonna be helping opening up these cans with you now." I smiled, as we pulled out the bag with remaining food. I looked to everyone else, seeing them overhear what we said. "We are all going to eat, so we're gonna be hiking on foot through the city." I told them all as they groaned as we all pretty much wished for it.

"Wait, shouldn't we sleep on our hunger n' then eat?" Ellis asked.

Looking outside, there was the sun at the low point of the day... he was right, he needed to sleep since he's been driving all day. I drag my fingers through my hair, as I fluffed it up since it was a little too hot for me with the Mexico weather and so. "Good point..." I mentioned, then I looked back at everyone. "Hold up guys, we're gonna sleep in here then get our breakfast and leave." I said, some people groaned other cheered so it was split. "I'm not tired yet... but, since this was a lookout in the middle of no where; there has to be something worth while."

Nick glanced at me. "I'm not sleepy either, maybe we should go search on our own..." he leans in closer to me and Ellis, "chances are there's showers here with it's own water... but it's probably not gonna be that much for everyone." He explained. "I used to cross boarders all the time and this looks like something at a border with the high security and shit."

We all grinned as a shower a couple of months in sounded like the best feeling the world. "Let's go already." Ellis whispers among us quietly.

"Alright guys... just stay here, I think me n' my friends are gonna chill inside and talk... so don't join us." I warned as we opened up the doors to leave.