18

Woken up in the middle of the night, we heard a broadcast on the bus' radio. We only had it on for the white noise over the zombies' groans and screams. "Hello? Hello? Any survivors out there? We see a bus!" Cried a voice, but since it was a girl's voice Nick was first up already answering it with a soothed time of a ladies' man wasting it on this poor girl. Where was that smooth voice when I was single?

"Yes, we're here and we're safe." Nick answered, as we looked around.

"Thank god! I saw zombies on your bus, and thought it was overran." She started crying in relief. "I haven't seen anyone else outside of here since everyone left... and me and my girls look out the window to see someone!"

My ear perk up, as I stand up already snatching it from Nick's death grip. "Hello?" I started, my voice cracking as I woke up. "Where are you?" I asked her.

"I'm scared to show you... all the zombies that is at your bus was at our tower!" She explained her fear. "But, we'll flicker the light three times... look for it."

There was the silence again as everyone looked around and people from the back of the bus already pointed out a tower dimmed in the moonlight about a mile and a half away. "We see you." I reported, as I grabbed on of the weapons to open the window. "We gotta kill these guys before we drive there." I told them, as I impaled their heads with sharpen knifes. Everyone joined in as we slowly killed them all off. "Ellis," I turned fo him rubbing his eyes already at the wheel.

"On it," Ellis replied.

"How many are there of you?" She asked over the radio as we started rushing to the watch tower.

"We have a big group, and we're coming to rescue you all." Nick already told them as I grew more excited about more women! Finally, doesn't feel like I'm the girl in the outside of the world!

"Please! We're low on rations for food, and we need help!" She begged in a weird tone, we all dismissed it as nothing but we couldn't help it to feel uneased. "We see you! We're coming outside!"

As we stopped by the tower, we had our headlights on the door while a woman opened it holding a knife in her hands with a smile from ear to ear. "Someone come with me, Nick watch over them, and Ellis just make sure he has back up." I told the two as a man followed me outside.

"Finally! Nice to meet you!" She looked at me, hugging me. "And thank you for bringing us food." She whispered, already turning to the man besides me and thrusting a blade into his heart. The man cried out, falling to the floor as the woman finished him off.

"What the fuck!?" I backed up as I see another girl peeking out the door with a scared look. I wasn't prepared for a fight so then I heard rustling in the bus with Nick already coming out holding a shotgun in his hands with a look of hatred in his eyes.

"Is that the other man? We need to eat them!" She started giggling, shaking the knife in her hand. "O-Only girls can repopulate! You have to understand!" She cried, already coming closer.

"Don't try it girly! You'll have to come across our entire group to kill even one more person!" He barked, cocking his gun and aiming it down.

"I'll eat you, and the rest of-" She falls back, a red dot on her forehead.

Shoots fired, and it wasn't a shotgun. We looked back to see Ellis holding a pistol and peering out of the bus. "What the hell man?" Ellis looked confused as we looked at the dead body on the floor. "What happened?"

"She wanted food... she's been making us eat all the men that we come across." Women from the door poured out of the tower and onto the area. "We started off by killing someone that was sick, and we ate him cause we had nothing."

"Cannibals?" I arched my brow, already backing up Nick and Ellis just to make sure they won't be killing anymore.

"She made us...!" One cried, it was a group of three women as we glanced at each other with fear. "We didn't want to! She wanted us to survive cause we were the key to make another population! So we killed all the men in our group."

I felt dazed.

"It's okay, she just did it for survival." The last one caught my attention.

"But... it's murder..." I whispered.

"She killed my brother!"

"She killed my husband!"

"I killed her dad." The last one again.

"Ellis, Nick. Get in the bus." I looked back, my eyes already wide enough to look like dinner plates.

"But-"

"Do it."

Looking back at the one that seemed fine with murder, I picked up the knife that was used to kill one of my people. "Do you... think eating men was the only way to survive?"

"The best way as we couldn't even get outside." She smiled, it was broken. Too fucked up. I held the blade in a grip as I was still scared. "We had to, to keep us safe... she was a good leader." She was hollowed.

"You're... not right."

"I wasn't the one to make the decisions, I just helped."

I stepped closer, setting my hand on her shoulder. "You're not right in the head..." I whispered, already letting the blade enter her skull through the ear. She stood still, slowly losing the look life in her eyes. "I'm sorry," I whispered, as she dropped when I let go of the knife.

I rushed the two girls in the bus, and kneeled in the floor next to the three dead bodies. Ellis seemed to rush out and already embrace me in a hug and Nick joined in by standing in besides us. My eyes flooded, and my heart sank. "I just killed a living girl."

"We heard what she said, she didn't value human life." Nick mumbled.

"But she wasn't attacking me... I killed her. I killed two people. Three cause I didn't stop her." I started weebing out louder. "It's my fault!"

"Please-"

"I didn't want to! I didn't want to kill another human! I didn't want to kill the driver! I don't want to kill anything anymore!"