9

"Team of twenty, come forth." A man in a military uniform with a bunch of pins and badges across his chest made a stand in a straight line as we were handed weapons slowly. Of course we haven't gotten to talk to the rest of my team to leave, doubting that they'll let me get away with it while inside. "Since you are the largest, you will need to pick up all supplies when we drop you off at set destination. When you come back, you will be inspected and stripped of all supplies you have."

None of us seemed happy for that as we would probably eat only half of what get in our pockets. They handed us guns and flashlights, then handed myself a walkie talkie. I just muted for talking and only listen as soon as I received it. I looked to my team already holding their guns to tame their style. Ellis holding it looser than anyone else, it was weird to see some holding it like gangster.

"Don't fool around, and listen to your leader." They reported to then make some people laugh towards at that. "Everyone, load up. Get in the transport." They pointed towards a battle bus fully now filled with people and myself next to me was an assigned person to drive.

I looked to my team to see them nervously fidgeting, Ellis held onto me while Nick held an intense stare at everyone. We all sat on one row of seats, and I was instructed to hold precautions. Yeah right, it dawned on me that they would never want to deal with infected unless told to.

Nick scoffed as they left the bus after a huge speech, causing me and Ellis to look at him with a worried glance hoping no one heard him. Ellis pulled me in closer, as I handed him an extra gun. "Can you take this? I'm still not naturally good with it." I said just sighing out as the bus rumbled, and we deployed out. I glanced to the bus driver, seeing him concentrate. "Hey? How do you feel about the base? Do they treat us worse then you?" I asked.

"We have better sleeping quarters, and we eat the food you bring back." He grinned, smugly. "I hope you realized I don't step out of the bus, I'm gonna be the safest out here."

By then I wanted to slap him, but that'll just get me killed. Subsiding my urge, I looked to Ellis seeing him on high alert. I decided to fuck with him. "Hey, if I was able to make a baby... what would you want?"

"Hold on, what?" Ellis started, losing his trance on everything.

Laughing to myself, I saw Nick laughing to himself to on how confused he was.

"Nothing..." I grinned, and looked away from him with Nick seeing the poor guy trying to register what happened. Ellis urged me to go on, and I knew he wouldn't stop until I spilled. "If I wasn't unable to produce, what gender would you want."

Ellis remembered that I couldn't say I was able to, or else I would be thrown back in the cell with women. "Right... I would sa', a girl just like yew'."