14

"Does this count as illegally crossing the boarder?" I asked with a smug look on my face as it was semi-joke towards Nick and Ellis. "Just glad there's no police to stop bus from ramming into the fence." I added, as we were going to have to go through the damn thing cause the gates were closed send sealed so there be no entry or exit for the infection, but judging by the lack of guards from both directions I'm pretty sure both of the countries are both overrun at this point in the zombie apocalypse.

"Damn, I hope they ain't got nothing else on the other side... should we stop for gas? It gon' be more n' more wasteland from 'ere." Ellis said, looking rather tired but none of us knew how to drive this big of a vehicle. He started yawn, as I wrapped my arms around his head to slap his checks lightly. "I'm awake, Darling." He chuckled, as I just sat down and ready for impact. He turned back while fastening his seatbelt with a tighter hold. "Er'yone, get ready!" Ellis called out as everyone did what they needed to get ready for the big push through the wall in front of us.

We put a huge blanket over the front of the window and cut a little tiny hole so Ellis can see you when we're going to make contact, I leaned back into my chair, resting my forearms against the back Ellis' back chair.

Ellis started driving slowly, then gaining speed as we were a good few meters from it. We broke through the metal plates and wooden beams in the way as we slowed down to get the blanket off the bus. Ellis yawned again, leaning against the steering wheel. Nick brought in the blanket and tossed it in the seat behind me.

As we were about to get ready to go, we found Ellis fast asleep on the wheel. "There goes our driver..." Nick said out loud, chuckling to himself. "Aren't the overalls supposed to be natural born truck drivers?"

"He's been driving for like 15 hours straight, we had one sleepless night." I explained, while shaking him up as he stirred. "It also doesn't help there's roadblocks and shit shut in our way." I sighed out, slapping him like I did before. "Ellis-Ellis!" I woke him up to make him jump in his seat. I knew I was gonna regret this along with everyone else, but it's one way to make him stay awake. "Would you mind telling us one of your stories?" I asked kindly.

"Right! Can do!" Ellis smiled, waking up and started driving again. There was groans and whines behind us, Nick was the biggest of them all even wanting to yell at him to make him quiet but we all knew that this was a good way to keep him alive and awake. "So there was a time when me n' Keith went to Texas, on a dare-"

A new one, at least.