12

"Holy hell, that's a lot of bodies." Ellis kicked the dead bodies next to the window of where I peaked it and killed them. "They're blocking the tires, so we need to move em' before we head off. I dun' think guts would be good for the tires!" Ellis smiled as I yawned letting everyone else wake up slowly. "Think we should head to Mexico... get a boat and head for the Caribbean!" Ellis tipped his hat, I nodded as it was actually a good plan.

"Make a few of the guys clear the tires, maybe some more to get gas and I'll prepare an even share of the food." I mumbled, looking to Ellis taking charge, under my care of course. "I don't really want to go out so I'm just making food." I said as I stretched out my limps.

"A'ight, guys!" Ellis grabbed all of their attention. "Me n' her are gon' make yew' y'all breakfast, and we need some to clear the tires and others to get som' spare gas." He instructed everyone, then looked to Nick. "Ey', Nick. Mind going with them to find gas?" He asked, and Nick seemed like he didn't want to but he complied on with the survivors. He handed out the guns we had, and then they took off as I started getting everyone's sack of foods and goods. Ellis sat down besides me as he opened up all the can we found and I just found plates ahead of time so there wouldn't be much of  a hassle for this. "Hey'a, Beautiful." He said to make me smile and did.

"Hi'ya, Handsome." I smiled, pecking him on the lips.

"So... We gon' talk about a baby?" He asked, looking shyly.

"It's ironic... that we're probably the last people that should be having it." I told him, slapping down plates of food on each of the seats they were in. They weren't the biggest portions, but definitely something to make you not want to raid more food. "I'm not even old enough for a beer." I told him, as we seemed to forget about my age.

"Well, the first time I had one, was when I was a pre-teen on my mama's lap." He smiled, then pulling out something. "I was gonna save this for later, but ya' need to try it at some point." He told me, pushing a beer in my hands. My eyes widen, as I didn't try to accept it.

"Ellis, I don't think I need it. Plus, we need to stay focus-"

"Fuck that!" Ellis smiled, insisting it. He cracked it for me, taking a swig and then shoving it onto me. "Just a sip, and I'll finish the rest for yew'." He grinned, as I just shook my head. "Please? It's just one sip, doubt you'll like it." So then I did, just to shut him up. "That a'girl."

My tastebuds did a swirl of disagreement, as I spat out onto the floor causing Ellis to laugh.