Chapter Twenty-One

"You hesitated. Patton, why won't you tell me what's wrong. I can try and help, that's all we can do for each other is try, but if you're not willing to share than we can't help." Logan said, his hands shaking.

"Seriously, I'm fine. Lo, stop worrying about me." Patton said.

*Unknown place/POV*

I sit back and watch my work.

She is suffering and so is he.

"Do they deserve this?" a voice comes from behind me.

"Shut up Vince. You're not going to force me to lie to myself. This is what they deserve for trying to escape and fraternising with the other sides." I state, turning to face Deceit.

Deceit rolled his eyes, "Awe come on Cam, you can't deny that there may be a slither of truth to what I am saying." he stated.

While he is correct, I don't believe that torture is the best option, it was not my choice. That was all Decan's choice. The best thing to do is not go against his orders. Aritza was the last one who did that, now she's....hurting.

"I know you're a softy Cam. You'd never hurt at least Aritza on purpose." he said.

"Where's Lilith?" I asked, standing up and looking around.

Deceit smirked, "Trying to help her big brother." he answered, pointing down towards the torture chamber.

I glanced down and saw her rushing towards him.

"Lily stop! You'll-"

"She can't hear you. You remember that Decan installed noise stopping glass. No sound comes in or gets out." Deceit said.

"Shit." I muttered.

Missy's POV

This must be hell.

The screams of pain are killing me.

I don't even know where he is.

Dee said that he'd let him go, but he lied.

"Virgil! VIRGE! Let him go, you promised." I screamed, tears sliding down my cheeks.

"You promised you wouldn't hurt him." I whispered.

Anxiety's POV

My head is pounding as I open my eyes to unfamiliar surroundings.

Then it hits me.

Her screams fill my ear.

"Missy." I try to scream but it comes out in a whisper.

"Virgil! VIRGE!"

The screams echo around me.

"No. Missy!" I called out.

"She can't hear you. They are torturing her. She doesn't know that you're okay." I heard a voice near me.

I recognised her voice almost instantly.

I glanced around, but the room was to dark to see anything.

"Lil. Lil that is you. They-they aren't tricking me. They aren't using you against me as some sort of, sick torture method for leaving you. They-"

"No V, I'm here, I just shouldn't be trying to save you. I will get into trouble. But- But your friends are in serious trouble and Decan will hurt them real bad if I don't get you out of here." Lilith said, the soft patter of her feet on the floor, heading in my direction.

She stepped into the light with a small smile, offering me a hand.

I grabbed it and she pulled me up.

"Wow. You're strong now." I said.

She shook her head, "No. There's a lot of stress going around up there. The more there is, the stronger I am." she said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"I'm a chaotic neutral, I go where I please when I please. I just stay in the shadows. Logan knows I'm there though, I think Patton does too but Rom-"

"VIRGIL!"

I covered my ears, "Can we save her? Please." I asked.

"But you have me back now. I thought that would be okay. You are staying, right?" she asks.

I sigh, "Lilith. I-I can't, Thomas needs me up there, I think. I know for sure that he needs Missy-"

"Aritza." Lilith said.

"Pardon?"

"Aritza. Misleading Comments, her name is Aritza not Missy." Lilith said, looking down.

I put a hand on her shoulder, "I can always come back and visit, but right now. Thomas needs me up there, you said it yourself, the others are in trouble. I just- I need Missy's help. I-I can't do this by myself. Decan knows how to manipulate me. I just can't- and I don't want you to get hurt. Fear would never forgive me and I don't want to anger him. So, I need Missy. She knows how to get back at Decan." I explain.

She shoves my hand off her shoulder, turning her back to me.