Chapter Thirteen

Roman's POV
I sighed, laying down on the lounge with my head at the same end as where Missy was still crying.

I wrecked my brain for how I used to help Anxiety calm down. Then it hit me hard.

~Flashback~
Thomas was about 11 years old the first time Anxiety turned up. It was only for an hour, but it was enough to leave an imprint on all of us.

It wasn't until Thomas had his first play audition that Anxiety ended up staying for a few weeks.

After that he just stayed forever. But he had changed completely, he now wore all black. When he first visited for an hour, he had little splashes of colours in his outfit. A little bit of red here, a dash of purple there. But now it was completely black. He even had the black eye shadow under his eyes. But I still treated him the same way, but Logan, he went over the edge. 

'What's with the eye shadow?' 'Why all of the dark clothing?' 'How come you never smile anymore?'

It sent Anxiety over the edge, he began to breathe quicker, he began to shake, he had tears streaming down his face and the look in his eyes is something I'll never forget. The shear terror, like he was about to die.

I remember feeling the urge to yell at Logan, but I didn't, instead I rushed to Anxiety's side.

Why?

Because nobody deserves to feel like that. I sat by Anxiety and put a hand on his shoulder. Instantly, he moved closer to me, curling into my side.

He reminded me of a kitten.

After a few minutes I could hear Patton going off at Logan.

I could feel Anxiety shaking next to me.
I looked down at him, "Anx, don't listen to what they're saying. Just think of happy things or calming things." I said, trying my best to figure how to help him calm down.

I watched him scrunch his face up, thinking hard of anything but the situation at hand.
Then it hit me.

"Hey Anx, why don't we, go and watch some movies." I suggested, smiling down at him.

He shook his head, suddenly pushing himself away from me. He pulled his hood up over his head and stood up, stalking towards his room.

Leaving me confused and alone to hear Logan and Patton fighting.

~End of Flashback~

"Missy," I say, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She uncovered he face slightly, I heard her mumble something.

"Would you like to come and watch some movies with me?" I asked.

She shuffled slightly, I saw her nod.

I smiled, standing up, "Oh fairest young maiden, would you like the service of having my company for a moviethon?" I asked, offering her a hand.

I watched her smile and snicker, taking my hand and I hoisted her up.

"Come on, you can choose." I said, leading her towards my room.