Chapter Thirty

Roman's POV

I blink as my eyes open and I see that my room has morphed. I look around and notice all of the dark shades.

A beam of light crosses my face as I hear a door creak open.

"Roman. Love, are you okay?" A voice asks.

I sit up and squint in the direction of the light, trying to make out who was in the doorway.

They let out a cackle, "I guess not. Some more time in here should fix you, love." they say.

"Where am I?" My body reacts before my brain can tell it not to.

The trait just shakes their head, "Awe. Don't you recognise my room, love? Don't worry you'll remember soon. You'll be back to normal soon." they say, closing the door, leaving me in the dark.

Then it clicks, "Anxiety. Decan. This is good." I get up, my eyes not adjusted to the sudden darkness. Seeing only outlines of objects, I made my way around, feeling for doorknobs. I found one, twisting it, opening it to reveal a small room.

"Closet. He was always in the closet." I chuckle, 'makes sense for Anx's entrance to be here.'

Now, if I were Anxiety, what would I use to hide my entrance?

Missy's POV

We all stare at Vince as he rushes over to Cameron.

A thought crosses my mind as I look between the two and then Virge and Pat. "Hey Vince. If Decan can force V and Pat here and take V's place. Also start to trick Lo and Ro here. How come you're not up there, in place of Pat?" I asked, earning looks from everyone.

Vincent stopped fretting over Cameron, turning to face the other trait, "I-I don't know." he replied.

"I can tell you." Patton pipes up.

"Explain." I say bluntly.

Patton shudders, "Vince is like you, sort of. While he can appear by himself in the Mindscape, he cannot survive long periods there without my physical presence. So, when De trapped me down there, he essentially trapped Vince as well. We are two side of the same coin after all." he explains, staring directly at his "dark" counterpart.

"Hmph. I am nothing like you, Patton." Vincent replied, turning his attention back to Cameron.

"This is all good and well, but we're still stuck here. Patton is at risk of reverting back to thought." Anxiety stressed, before falling into a dazed state.

"V!" I rushed to his side.

Third Person POV

Patton looked between the two sets of traits. Conflicted on whether to help his friends or the ones who have the potential of trapping him forever.

"Patton, what is the matter with Anxiety? Why is he sitting like that?" Cameron asked, looking in the direction of the dazed trait.

Vincent took a step back, looking at the ground. "I couldn't save them. I couldn't bring them back. I-I-"

"Oh, there is no need to worry Deceit, Cam is simply meeting Joan and Talyn. They will return soon, they have no interest in joining Decan's ludicrous games." Cameron replied.

"Logan? But how?" Vincent questioned.

"Cameron" reached for their face and did a motion as if they were fixing their invisible glasses, "Cameron and I see each other as equals, it is both important for Thomas to have logic and be OCD with some things. We often switch out. Or I often "talk to myself"." they explained, "Now, Anxiety?"

"In a daze. Roman must've found it. That means that Decan made a mistake." Missy rattled off to herself.

"Missy? If Roman had found Anxiety's entrance, would that not just leave me to fight Decan. Decan is cunning, he would've left Roman in Anxiety's room to discover where the entrance is and block it. Making it easier to let Lani up here." Cameron pointed at their head, referencing the Mindscape.

Missy turned to face the logical trait, "Yes. But for Anx to go like this, that must mean something. He was fine before you switched with Cameron." she stated.

Cameron frowned, "Maybe the sway of light to "dark" traits here has thrown him out of works. Since he is technically a "dark" trait, Patton and myself being here might throw his mind out."

Patton shook his head, "No. We cancel each other out. We are opposites Lo. For Anxiety to be out of wack, Roman must be close to the entrance in his room. As Anxiety is Roman's "opposite", Roman being in his room would throw him out of wack for a bit. Until Roman found his way here or left the room at least." he rambles.

"Well that just means we must wait then, doesn't it?" Cameron asked.