Chapter Twenty

Decan's POV (new character!)
My plan was working, slowly.

You see, with all of the other traits all floofed up, I could finally take control of Thomas again.

Patton was easy, he is already tight lipped and suffering.

Logan, again easily influenced by his lack of understanding emotions.

But Roman, he was harder to crack.

But I wasn't going to let his persistence stop me from obtaining my ultimate goal.

There was an easy solution to my problem.

Make him fall for me.

Roman's POV

Anxiety has been acting a little, weird lately.

I have made it my mission to find out why that is.

But I must observe carefully, I do not wish to offend him in any way.

Patton and Logan are busy, so I have no one to formulate with.

I am so stuck in my thoughts that it takes me hitting the ground to tell there was someone else in my presence.

"Oh geez. I'm sorry Roman, I didn't see you there." the other presence stated and I recognised the voice simultaneously.

Since when was Anxiety nice to me? 

I saw his outstretched hand and took it cautiously, he pulled me up.

He was a little off, missing his signature black attire in favour of a very messily put together, olive green singlet and dark purple jeans, he had a blue jumper tied around his waist. He had a pair of glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

Since when did Anxiety wear glasses?

His hair was now significantly shorter  and a mixture of taffy and blush, in a ruby rose cut.

"Hello? Earth to Pricey." he stated clicking his fingers in my face.

"Huh?" I said, snapping out of thought.

He rolled his eyes, "I said are you okay?" he said, rolling back and forth of the balls of his feet.

I nodded, "Yeah- yes. I am quite fine." I say, smiling, trying to ignore this odd behaviour that he was displaying.

"That's good. Say, you haven't seen my copy of Nightmare Before Christmas per chance, I've been looking for it all morning and can't find it." he said.

"It's not morning, it's eleven pm." I point out.

"Yeah morning. Anyway, what is Thomas still doing awake?" he questioned, walking past me and into the kitchen area.

I shrug, "I don't know. Maybe he's just got a lot on his mind." I said, my eyes following his every move.

He let out a chuckle, "Roman, we are Thomas' mind.  So if there is 'a lot on his mind', it must be something to do with us." he said.

I raised an eyebrow.

Since when is he this civil with me?

"You know that I can hear everything you think. We're all linked, if you weren't so self centred maybe you'd know that. For your information, these are reading glasses and I've always needed them." Anxiety slammed the cupboard door and left the kitchen.

"What is going on in there?" I heard Patton call.

"Nothing. Anxiety's just...being  himself I guess." I called back, walking into the kitchen to find the cupboard wide open.

"I believe we are out of cookies." Logan stated, entering the room and walking over to the sink, not even glancing my way.

"And why may you believe that?" I asked, questioning how he would know.

He frowned, "Because, Roman, Patton has been consuming high carbohydrate foods and beverages for around six days. It is unhealthy and he isn't getting the correct amount of hydration. He also refuses to leave his room, which is okay since, in the palace, we are able to summon food. But there was only one time that Pat has gotten this severe." Logan stated, going into his own little world, "Which is why, I know for certain that there are no cookies left in the cupboard."

I nodded, "Now in English." I stated, not understanding everything Logan had said.

Logan exhaled, "Patton is stress eating and won't tell anyone why. It started when Anxiety 'came back'. I believe that I was right and you shouldn't have gone near him. You remember how Patton helped him, now Patton's like this. There has to be something I'm missing, I-"

"Stop. Stop right there. You can't blame yourself for how I'm acting.  I just- Don't want to- I can't-" Patton said, catching both of our attention.

Third Person POV

Roman couldn't believe his eyes.

Patton looked near death.

He had bags under his eyes, he was slouching and his hair was like a birds nest. His eyes were bloodshot, his glasses not on his face.

"Patton are you ok-" 

"I'm, fine." Patton said, cutting Roman off.