Chapter Twenty-Three

Anxiety's POV

As soon as I stepped into the room, it hit me. Their screams pierced my ears. Each and every one of them, screaming, pleading to be let go, to be freed, so many voices.

"I didn't do this, I-I wouldn't do this. Whywhyw-why..." I felt the sharp sting of the floor colliding with my knees, but I didn't care.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, suddenly the voices faded.

"Virge. Virge you're okay. Oh god. I thought they- well they-" I was ingulfed in a hug from someone I didn't recognise.

But her voice, I recognised it from somewhere. 'Come on Anxiety. Think think think.' I willed myself to try and remember a name. I squeezed my eyes closed, pushing my brain to the limit.

Third Person POV

"Vince, get your hand off him. Stop clouding his memories." Lilith stated, marching over and yanking the other traits air away.

"Ow." Vincent stated, rubbing up and down his arm, "Calm down, I was about to move."

Lilith stared at Vincent, "Did you just tell me to calm down?" she asked.

Anxiety surveyed the situation, his memories flooding back to normal. He watched as Lilith and Vincent, not sure how to handle what was going on.

Missy stepped between the two other traits, "That's enough. Debating over petty things is not going to get us anywhere. We need to find Cameron. So where were they last Vince?" she stated, walking back over to the confused trait. "Come on V. We've got to go." she stated offering him a hand.

The anxious trait smiled, taking the female traits hand. She pulled him up.

Lilith stared daggers at her brother and their new accomplice.

"Alright. Let's go." Vincent stated, grabbing Lilith's arm, dragging her away from the other two.

Anxiety looked over at Lilith, a frown crawling across his lips, "Lily, if you really want me to stay after this. I can come back. But, I have to save my friends. If I do come back here, by default, she does too." he stated, poiting at Missy. "She hasn't fingured out how to stay there without needing another side to grant her leeway to do so. She chose me. So if I'm here, that means that so is she."

Lilith sighed, "Whatever. You're free, go and save your friends. Go and be happy where I could never survive." she stated, disappearing back into the shadows.

Missy glanced at Anxiety, "You knew. I thought you didn't. I feel horrible." she stated.

"Uh. Nobody has time for this right now. Decan is growing stronger. Virgil, Anthony will take your place, Lilith will be free to stay as long as she likes. I have nothing to gain from this, but I know Thomas has everything to gain from this. He will be gone and we will all cease to exist if Decan wins this fight. There is one way out. But the only one who can obtain the key to unlock this is Cameron and they are our only choice." Deceit said, walking towards a wall.

Missy and Anxiety glanced at each other in confusion, causiously follwoing the deceitful trait.

"By the way. This isn't a wall. More of a hidden opening. Just have to do this." Deceit said, pressing his hand into the wall.

An arch way manifested in front of the three trait, leading out into the darkness. Strange orbs of light were scattered in what appeared to be an empty void.

"Welcome back to Fantasia." Deceit said, stepping into the darkness, his eyes glowing a vibrant emerald green, "Well come on. Cam is in the main control room."

Missy and Anxiety glanced at each other, simultaneously exchanging the same thought.

This is a mistake.