Chapter Twenty-Nine

Roman's POV

'There are only two ways to the Twistedscape that I know of. I guard one, but the other one is in one of the other sides' rooms. As far as I know, they are the only two, but before I can save my friends, I need some insurance.' 

"Roman. Hey Princey! Are you still with us?" 

I looked at everyone around me, "I have to go." I said.

"Wait. Where?" Talyn asked.

I thought for a moment, glancing at Logan who looked as worried as I'd ever seen him. "I have to save them." I stated, I felt my hands shaking by my sides, "Anxiety will survive, but Patton won't. Where Decan, that side, just took Patton. We," I pointed at Logan and then myself "don't survive there, we start to fade until we disappear, not completely, but as you see us now." I tried to explain.

"What Roman is trying to say is that once us "light sides" get sucked into the Twistedscape, it is extremely challenging for us to fight the negative effects, we will start to change, but because at our, metaphorical, "core", we are conscious of being "good" for Thomas, so our minds and our physical forms are at a constant disarray. Eventually, our body will give in and we'll revert back to our simplest form."  Logan explained, making me more nervous and determined to save the others.

Fight Princey. Fight harder! You can break the trance! Don't let him win.

Anxiety's voice echoed around me, I glanced at Logan, who looked like he'd just seen a ghost.

"Go Roman, I'll stay here. Decan can't get the best of me, Cameron and I agreed a long time ago that we were equals and neither of us should have full control over Thomas, he needs a little bit of both of us." Logan told me, earning a weird look from Joan and confused noise from Talyn.

"Who's Cameron?" Joan asked.

I nodded at Logan, sinking down.

'Sword. I need my sword. It's in the imagination.' I thought, making a list of what I needed for my quest. I found my sword, quickly making my way to the closet, I opened the door to find the trapdoor locked.

"Did you really think I'd let you save them, that quickly? Roman, this is how I got into your world." Decan said from my doorway.

I smirked, "Oh no, looks like you've outsmarted me De, how am to save my friends now for you have stopped me. This is the only way to save them and I wasn't smart to think that you'd stop me. Guess I'll just sit here and do nothing while my friends perish." I said, dragging myself over to my bed, flopping down on it face down.

I heard Decan's footsteps fade down the hall and I chuckled, "For the love of Disney, Anxiety don't dose Lani with that stuff again." I muttered, closing my eyes.

~Twistedscape~

Lani sat up, turning to face Anxiety. "Anxiety, you have to listen, don't dose Lani just yet. Decan has locked my door. Do you know where the other entrance is? I know there's another one because I'm not the only one with access to Twisted." he said.

"Oh, oh. Roman, my room, the other entrance is in my room. Under my bed." Patton pipped up, avoiding the lazy traits eyes.

"There's one in my room also, in the closet." Anxiety said, glancing at Lani with caution. 

"Logan has one in his room, but he turned it into more of a beacon type of thing. So, you can't get in through his, unless he helps you." Cameron stated.

Lani nodded, "Okay, quickly dose Lani before Decan comes and persuades him to stay." he said, falling limp again.

Cameron looked up at Anxiety, "Virge, you seriously have to stop doing that, we can still die you know. Even here, if we overdose on something too much, we disappear. Just like how Patton will disappear if Roman isn't quick enough to save him." they explained, quickly checking Lani's pulse.

"That's not Cam, not fully. They're a lot more careful with how they speak." Vince said, glancing at Cameron.

"What do you mean? That's quite obviously OCD. They're still here, in front of us." Patton said, glaring at the snake-like trait.

Vincent shook his head, "Logan is on his way, Decan is almost winning." he explained, "Roman may be our only hope."