29

One month later:

A lot can happen in thirty days. A lot of positive things, and a lot of negative things.

Surprisingly, for Louis his life had been looking up and it seemed that only positive things had happened within his thirty days.

To begin, his relationship, purely platonic, with Liam had blossomed. Their friendship returned to normal shortly after their conversation.

Once the small boy had learnt of what the two CEOs did to influence the change, he had run to them in nothing but gratitude and never ending thankfulness.

Louis' relationship with the CEOs was strange to say the least. An outsider would never understand their dynamic. Would never understand how a perfectly married couple could merely allow an outsider to join.

But for Zayn, Harry and Louis - it just worked.
It was what kept them happy, it was what they knew. Louis was the submissive, and Zayn and Harry were the dominants. Polar opposites - and after all, they say opposites attract.

However, while Louis' romance was growing with each day, that didn't stop Liam from pining over something he would never have.

"Lou!"

The small boy jumped out of his trance like state on the couch, cuddled like a sock under the blankets.

He smiled up at Liam as he walked into the house, suit still on. That was something that had changed. Liam was open and honest to Louis about his job now, he didn't hide his expensive suits, nor his expensive cars.

But he remained living with the tiny boy in their crappy flat.

Louis didn't understand why, that was Liam's secret... The CEOs however had a very good idea why.

"Hey Li-Li...." Louis squeaked when the man flopped onto his small frame, "Liiii! You elephant."

The rich man laughed as he moved Louis easily so he was sitting on his lap, almost straddling him.

"What ya watching?" Liam quizzed, eyes flicking to the television before turning back and staring into Louis' beautiful blue eyes.

"The movie Oblivious." (Made up)

Liam frowned, "what's that one about I haven't seen it."

And so Louis began to explain, unaware that Liam was listening to his every word - staring and admiring the boy's beauty as he got lost in his eyes and the sight of his golden sun kissed skin.

They are a mere 30cm apart, maybe less and Liam isn't listening anymore, thoughts completely lost .

"It's about a girl who doesn't know her best friend is in love with her and she secretly loves him too - and in the end they realise and they live happily ever after," Louis giggles before commenting, "how cliché hey?"

And it's then that the shocking happens.
Liam's lips are touching Louis'. Not by accident, it's a kiss - a kiss which Louis quickly pulls back from, falling onto the couch away from Liam.

"Wh-what the fu-fuck Liam?"
And suddenly the rich man wakes up, as his fingers come to ghost over his lips - and he knows he has messed up once again.

"Louis...." And Liam becomes frantic when he notices the tiny boy begin to sit up, moving towards the front door in what can only be desired as uncertainty and worry. "I can't hide my feelings anymore...."

"I'm sorry Lou... please come back I'm so sorry. Please."

But Louis doesn't listen, he just shakes his head back and forth as his bottom lip wobbles, "no Liam you're my best friend...my best friend.... just my friend...."

And then the boy is slipping out the door, grabbing his keys from the bowl on the way out.

And this time, he knowingly leaves a devastated Liam behind.

----

Neither Zayn or Harry expected the frantic knocking on their door that Friday evening. But when they open it, they immediately go into 'Daddy mode'.

Protective arms opening.
Frowns setting on their face.
Soft voices being put on.
And worried glances being exchanged between the two.

"Lou... Princess. What happened baby?" Zayn asks, as he effortlessly picks the boy up and onto his hip - like a child. He's just that small.
It's then that they hear him sob Harry following closely behind as they walk to the master bedroom, quickly tugging him under the covers and engulfing him in a hug filled with comfort and love.

"Oh no darling. Don't cry, you are too pretty."
The small boy whimpers as he stares into Harry's forest green eyes and then into Zayn's deep brown eyes.

"Liam.... he...." Louis hiccups once before announcing, "he kissed me. He said he has feelings for me."

And suddenly the CEOs don't care about Liam and Louis' friendship. They don't care about how much Liam means to Louis.

They gave Liam the benefit of the doubt - and now he's ruined all chances he had.

Sharing a glance, both CEOs knew that Liam was going to feel their wrath.

But in that moment all they could do was comfort a confused small boy.

Thank you @lush_stylinsom