32

The same little coffee shop that Louis stopped at every day. It was empty, contrary to it's normal busy environment. But at that moment, it was the perfect atmosphere for three feuding CEO's and one very confused tiny boy trapped in the midst of the seemingly never-ending conflict.

"Let's sit." Harry offered as Liam nodded stiffly sitting on ons side of the booth. On the other sat Harry, Zayn and Louis - the latter squished in-between the two powerful CEO's.

He looked fragile and scared.

...Smol

"It should never have gotten this bad." Zayn mumbles as he silently picks up the menu flicking straight to the coffee section. Liam does the same, quickly followed by Harry who shares with the small brunette.

"No, but we never liked each other, we still don't." Liam added.

Harry looked up at that, "it doesn't have to be like that Liam."

The billionaire looks at Harry before his eyes glance to an oblivious Louis for a second too long, "it does."

And Harry seems to understand that, "everything isn't just about Louis mate."

The small boy looks up at hearing his name, he folds in on himself under Liam's intense stare. Thankfully the man breaks eye contact looking back at Harry.

"You want honesty?"

Both Harry and Zayn nod.

"I love Louis. I have loved him for years. I lied about my career to him because I thought it would give me a better chance of him falling in love with me to. I lived with him in a not so nice apartment because I loved being with him.... then all of you came along and Louis fell for you and not me and the green eyed monster came out." Liam paused to sigh, looking at Louis before continuing, "and I'm sorry Lou but I did threaten and hurt their business - but I was so worried you were attracted to their power. But that's stupid because that's not who you are." Liam groaned, "and Harry and Zayn, were competitors in the industry before all this yes, but we weren't enemies, we became enemies because I was a jealous bitch and I'm honestly fucking over it. I'm sorry."

Everyone is speechless and it's at that moment that the waiter comes over and interrupts the intense silence. Nobody acknowledges him, so Louis smiles briefly asking him to come back in fifteen minutes.

"I understand, Louis is... really special." Zayn mumbles as he takes the boy's hand.

Liam sighs, shoulder's cracking from the tension they hold.

"Liam... you really hurt my feelings and broke my trust today. You could have just spoken to me..." Louis finally speaks up. His voice is soft and unsure, but Liam can hear the hurt and it breaks his heart.

"I'm sorry. I was so scared, because my business is everything I have. Without it I'm worthless. I couldn't loose it."

Louis frowns at that and he quickly shakes his head, "Li. I might not love you the way you love me. But I am your friend, fuck it. I am your best friend. And the Liam I know, is kind, respectful, loving, compassionate - your business does not define you. You are amazing because of you."

And suddenly Harry and Zayn are nodding adding to the small boy's comment, "look mate we are sorry to have threatened you using such drastic measures - but we were scared to... But Louis is true, the way you reacted, treating Louis almost like an object - completely unnecessary. You have enough money for generations to come. Always remember Liam, your business is not your values, your value is your personality. And according to Louis... you are a great person."

Liam sighs as a tear fills his eyes, and he finally realises that maybe Zayn and Harry aren't bad for Louis after all. He realises that if he can't have the tiny boy, then he deserves happiness.

"Truce?" Liam smiles asking as he holds his hand out for a shake.

Both Harry and Zayn nod, "truce and maybe the start of friendship."

Liam agrees, "that sounds good."

A second later, Liam is looking down at the tiny boy between the CEO's, "Lou... will you ever forgive me?"

Louis smiles sadly, "no more lies, yeah?"

"No more lies." Liam repeats, "friends."

Louis can only nod.

Because this feels right.

And for once things look up. And it's the best feeling in the world.

THERE WILL BE NO KIDS IN THIS

Is there anything u desperately want to see before the end?