iii → lights, camera.

Y/N'S POV
·゚: *

after at least ten minutes of aimlessly searching for something to wear, i put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a yellow sweater. it wasn't anything great, but yet again, i'm not exactly a "fashion guru". i tied my hair into a messy bun and put on a pair of old white converse. i heard a buzz and i picked up my phone. (ok so it's been a long time and now i'm re-editing this and i feel so embarrassed that this even made it to the internet. IGNORE THAT WHOLE THING EVEN HAPPENED. GODDDDDDD)

EVIE
i'm here

Y/N
ok coming

i grabbed my small backpack and raced down the stairs, it's a miracle i haven't died going down those things yet. my mom spotted me from the kitchen and let out a small "have fun! stay safe! wait, when are you coming home?"

"i'm not sure, evie's mom is driving me home. i'll text you. bye." i replied.

i ran out to evie's mother's car. you could say she changed her look, but i'd say she was a totally new person. the last time i saw her, she wore short brown curls that came down to her shoulders. her outfits usually consisted of leggings and hoodies from her dance studio. today, however, she wore so-ripped-they-weren't-even-jeans with an extremely revealing crop top. her hair was now platinum blonde and artificially curled down to her waist.

"hey y/n!" evie said to me smiling. it was nice to know her personality hasn't changed.

"hi, uh, thanks by the way." i replied.

"thanks for what?"

"this. comic con,"

"oh, you're welcome. my other friend was gonna come but she ditched me. but i know you wouldn't ditch me," she said with an unconvincing smile.

"what do you mean, 'i know you wouldn't ditch me'?"

"oh, well, you're too nice for that. i know you, y/n," she smiles, "you've always been kind of a doormat. even if you didn't want to come, you'd still come, right?"

"um."

"sorry if that sounded harsh, but it's kinda true, you gotta admit," the look in her eyes said anything but sorry. she meant what she said, and she wasn't doubting it one bit.

"oh, that's okay," i said with a fake grin. i've kind of mastered those. she turned to her phone so i took my hint to turn towards the window. it was silent the whole car ride there.

FINN'S POV
·゚: *

"nick. nick. nick. wake up. we're here," i whispered to my brother, aggressively shaking him in his airplane seat.

"STAP STAAP! i'm awake, i'm awake." he replied with a groan. he stood up and grabbed our luggage from the overhead bin and started towards the aisle.

"now, remember finn, if anyone approaches you just—"

"I know, nick. try to be polite and calmly decline if you feel uncomfortable. i know," i said, cutting him off.

"and the cameras—"

"i know, nick," i said laughing. we made our way to baggage claim and were immediately surrounded by cameras and reporters and flashes. my heart began to pick up it's pace and the flash blinded my eyes. i don't think i'd ever get used to the cameras.

"hey finn! welcome to toronto," a camera man said. i gave an awkward wave, and walked past them, until they started to follow me.

"how was your on-screen kiss with millie bobby brown?" a female reporter spoke.

"i mean it was cool. the experience, i mean. it was acting, after all," i said, playing it cool.

"are you dating millie bobby brown?" one reporter barked out at me. i was stunned. dating millie? she's an amazing friend, but i'd never date her.

"uh, no." i said. it came out a bit louder and forceful than intended. nick and i rushed past the cameras to outside of the terminal, climbing into the car waiting for us.

"silence at last," Nick said laughing.

"yeah, much better," i said smiling to him. i picked up my phone and checked the time, 2:10pm. i did a bit of mental math in my head: i had to be at comic con at 3:45, if we got to the hotel at 2:30, then that would give us enough time to unpack, unwind, get ready, and leave. i'm not sure how to feel about these kind of gatherings and all. i mean, don't get me wrong, i love meeting fans and everyone, but i get bored of doing the same thing. teenage fangirls. pictures. small talk. i just wish I could actually meet somebody. not like "hi" and "bye".

~

seven hundred sixty-seven words.

🍡💗🏔