vii pt. 2 → pants on fire.

Y/N'S POV

"I-I" I stumbled on my words. Finn smiled an adorable grin that I know won't be coming out of my head anytime soon.

"There's something I need to tell you," he gulped, looking down at the wet pavement.

"More?" I asked, chuckling.

FINN'S POV

"Yes, yes. More," I explained to her what my dad told me yesterday, word-for-word, until the expression on her face grew more and more in awe. "Ever since I met you, really, I just can't get out of my head. And yeah, blah, blah, blah cheesy, sappy stuff, but I mean it, y/n. I never thought anyone could be as affectionate and gracious as you. I thought all of those people existed in books," we shared a small chuckle. "I'm starting to think I'm falling for you." The clouds cleared and the sky was left with a beautiful shade of azure. Y/n, however, had a shade of rouge painted onto her cheeks. She looked like a piece of art. Beautiful and unique; all of her tones came together in perfect unity.

"I think I might just be falling for you too." she beamed.

There are few people in the world who can see things most can't. That could be a feeling someone is hiding, the true colours of someone who doesn't have a stable reputation, or in this case, a faint rainbow of six colours. Y/n looked up at the sky.

"You see that?" she pointed at the sky. I looked up, squinting, and saw nothing.

"No, I don't."

"Well it's a rainbow, you idiot," she chuckled. The moment didn't change at all. Every little feeling was perfect, and I think we both liked it that way, so I didn't say anything. There was a long pause.

"Well maybe you could teach me to see it for myself."

~

(a/n: although everything here is fictitious, this next half may be sensitive for some people.)

=TIME SKIP=

Y/N'S POV

It was only when I got home that I realized what had happened to my phone during my time with Finn; there were at least 15 texts, and 3 missed calls from Evie. God damn it, now I look like a real brat.

Evie: Can you please call me?

Evie: Hello?

Evie: Y/n?!

Evie: It's kind of important 

Evie: Now is REALLY better than later

Evie: Please answer me

Evie: Check your voicemail!!

Evie: If you're ignoring me it's really not cool yk

5:04p.m

Evie: Im in troble pls call

Evie: y/n

Evie: she cant no im txting you

Evie: she gonna do somethng bad to me

Evie: y/n im scared

Evie: Y/N

Evie: Y/N Y/N Y/N Y/N???!!!

I was shaking in fear of what was or had happened to Evie. Should I call?  Yes duh of course you should call, idiot. But what if she's trying to run away and then I call and then whoever it is finds her and does something horrible? 

I called.

Evie: H-hello?

Y/n: Evie, oh thank God you're okay.

Evie: Oh y/n. No, thank God you called me. I-

Y/n: I am so, so sorry for not answering I feel absolutely *terrible*

Evie: It's ok.

Y/n: What happened?

There was too long of a pause.

Y/n: Evie?

EVIE'S POV

Y/n: Evie?

I forgot to think of something to say to her, so I came up with the wildest thought and projected it at her with everything I could muster. This was going to be bad.

Evie: Uh, uh..It's- it's my Mom, or should I even call her that?

Y/n: What happened to your mom, Evie?

Evie: No, not what happened to her. What happened to me.

Y/n: What?

Forged and artificial tears started to stream down my cheeks.

Evie: My mom beat me up because she thought that I was a ...a 'worthless slut that didn't deserve to live anymore'

Y/n: Oh my G-

Evie: Sh-she said that I'm 'gross' and that I 'go around hooking up with every boy in sight'....the alcohol, it doesn't do her any good. You don't need to worry, it's just what's in her cup, y/n.

Y/n: No! I'm not gonna 'not worry'! Your MOM is beating you up. Listen to me, you are NOT any of those things your mother said you are, you hear me? You know what I'm gonna do?

Shit.

Evie: What?

Y/n: I have been a horrible person to you. I'm going to call the police and get your mom out of your life. Right. Now. I'll call you bac-

Evie: nO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! PLEASE NO DON'T DO THAT Y/N

I heard a sigh pass over the line.

Y/n: Fine, is your mom at your house right now?

She was out getting groceries, with no clue about what I was doing.

Evie: N-no

She hung up and I was left with the dial tone, sweaty hands, and indescribable guilt. I don't know if this will turn out how I wanted it to. I think I might have gone too far. Is getting the chance to hang out with Finn really worth this?  It's going to be a bumpy ride. 

~

w/c: 819

a/n: honestly i am so sorry this chapter is sh*t. i'm trying to shine some light on Evie and give a little foreshadowing but i'm sorry. the next chapter update will be speedy and i promise it won't be morbid like this. 

~

very important p.s:

If you are experiencing serious trouble at your home, do NOT keep it a secret. Tell somebody you actually trust; a close friend, relative, teacher, principal, or call a Kids Phone Help Line at: 1-800-668-6868 for 24 hour anonymous and confidential help with anything. It is bilingual and open to anyone who needs it. It may not be you who needs it, but if you know somebody who does, talk to them and understand what is happening, and then tell them about the help line. Stay by their side, because you may be the only one who will. ❤️