xxi → getting away with murder.

^^ i love this new album so much eeeeeeek (song is small victories by the lemon twigs, new album is called 'go to school')

𝕴 𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖉, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊'𝖗𝖊 𝖓𝖔 𝖌𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖘, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖜𝖊'𝖛𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖇𝖚𝖎𝖑𝖙 𝖆 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙'𝖘 𝖋𝖚𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖛𝖎𝖈𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘.

FINN'S POV

By now, Nick has come home, and will apparently 'do just about anything' to know 'what did or didn't go down' when he was gone.

"It's not like aliens held us hostage or anything," I snap, and he just smirks, "what do you wanna hear?"

"Well, did you guys..." he replies, slyly and I know what he's getting at. 

"What the hell Nick?! No!"

"Fine, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it," he walks away.

"Word for what?" I ask.

"That you didn't use the car last night."

"What do you mean? I don't even have my full licence," I say, "that would have been illegal."

"You and y/n both," he jokes, "it's okay, I won't tell mom or dad."

"B-but how did you know?"

"So you did use it." he smiles.

"I didn't say that."

"Didn't say what?" another voice pronounces from the stairs, "oh, I see."

"Finn, it's okay if you used the car. If anything, it's good practice, I mean considering you had a drunkard in the car and it was pitch black. The fact you didn't crash altogether is impressive, I'm not gonna lie."

"Are you two seriously doing this?" y/n asks, "this is what siblings do?"

"You don't have any do you?" Nick asks.

"Well, duh," she starts, "I was an accident, what were they gonna do, do it again?"

"Sorry," Nick says.

"It's," she stumbles, "it's okay, I just think having an argument in which whether or not Finn used the car to pick me and Para up a couple nights ago is a waste of breath," she says and looks at me, "there are far worse things to have an argument about."

But I'm far too captivated to notice them, because right now-

"Finn?" Nick says, "you okay there?"

"Uh, y/n? You may want to take a look at who found who dead at a certain airport," I answer and I hear a tiny "shit" from y/n.

"Provincial Police say the cause of death was chlorine gas, a gas produced by mixing ammonia and bleach; it was produced by the airport's on-hand cleaning supplies. Suspect is unidentified, as the man that was killed by the gas smashed the security camera in the closet and in the surrounding area beforehand. Police are still trying to understand what the man was doing, and who is to blame."

"Well, fuck." y/n says, "I knew it was only a matter of time, but this?" she sits down next to me.

"We're gonna get out of this mess, okay?" I say.

"And how are we gonna do that? There are probably fingerprints everywhere. The bottles, the doorhandles, Finn, this is a fucking mess. I-"

Y/N'S POV

"You need to calm down, okay?" Finn puts his hands on my shoulders, "there may not be a clear way through this right now, but that doesn't mean I'm just going to sit here and ignore the whole situation altogether."

I sigh, "I hate to say it, but you're right," I confess, "but does anyone have any ideas?"

The room goes silent, I look at Nick, who is now resting himself on a door frame; his arms crossed in front of him, with a sly smile on his face, "I know a guy."

Finn looks annoyed and speaks up, "look, Nick, if you're just gonna act all smug right now then you can stay out of this, but now it's your choice: tell us how this 'guy' is gonna get y/n out of this, or don't bother doing anything."

"Well since you asked," Nick answers, ignoring Finn's testament on his attitude, "he can probably get y/n out of this mess before she's even gotten into it-"

"How?" Finn fires back.

"He has ways I don't even know of."

"Okay, everybody stop for a second," I start, "on a scale from one to ten, how illegal is this?"

"How illegal is trying to get away with murder?" Nick asks.

"Oh, come on Nick..." Finn says angrily.

"Yeah, how illegal is trying to get away with murder?"

Nick laughs, "very illegal."

"It's not illegal if they don't even know it was her, ok?" Finn nearly yells, "they have no witnesses, you were the only one in there with him. For all anybody else knows, he could have emitted the gas himself, and you... uh, escaped." Finn says uneasily.

FINN'S POV

I look back over at y/n and I see her huddled up on the couch, quite similar as to how I found Paradyse at the party; overwhelmed and feeling useless, like nothing in the world could make the situation better,

except, for maybe a guy and a car,

a guy and a car.

"Is anybody here a fan of crazy ideas?" I ask the room, and y/n looks at me.

"Well, is it a stupid crazy idea?" she replies.

"You'll have to be the judge of that."

"Okay, I'm all ears."

"We could run away." I confess.

"Are you insane?" Nick says, "running away from the police?"

"Well that was what your guy was gonna do anyways, wasn't it?" Finn replies and Nick opens his mouth as if to speak, but then closes it.

"I'm down." y/n says.

Nick chokes, "what? You're open to the idea of escaping?"

"I killed a man, this is nothing." she says, unconsciously biting her lower lip. I don't notice I'm staring at her until she does, "Finn?"

"Huh?" I reply.

"You have 24 hours to convince me to leave with yo-" Nick starts.

"24 hours?" y/n gasps.

"That's not even barely long enough!" I join in, and y/n gives me a look.

"No. No, no, no," she starts, "that's too long. They'd definitely be able to trace fingerprints in the next 24 hours. We need to start leaving tonight."

"Tonight?!" I reply, and y/n nods.

"Tonight." she justifies before pecking me on the lips and running upstairs, leaving me just as stunned as Nick.

"Tonight." I echo.

~

w/c: 979

lol that sucked like HELLLLL, but i think next chapters will be better since there's yunno, something happening now.