chapter seven.

THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
( KEEPERS OF THE STONES )
vii. meeting the ex-avengers
chapter seven

 meeting the ex-avengerschapter seven

◌ ◌ ◌

XANDAR, FOUR YEARS AGO

Helena had been chasing the Power Stone for as long as she could remember, so when she finally found her opportunity after weeks of tracking it, she can't help but be a little bit excited. Being this close to it was exhilarating and also irritating, as she's had to watch Peter Quill's grimy hands hold the orb the Stone laid in for days.

Now, it was her time. She had been thinking quite hard about how to go about obtaining the Stone, but when she watched, from afar, a green-skinned woman she would later know as Gamora, played the seduction card in order to catch Quill off guard, she was glad that the thought never crossed her mind.

She lurked close behind as Gamora snatched the Orb, taking off into a sprint, through the middle of Xandar's shopping center, Quill following close after her. Helena strayed towards the crowd of people as they ran through them, Quill throwing a small ball that turned into bright orange restraints as soon as it came into contact with Gamora's ankles.

Quill all but leaped at Gamora, but she was already a step ahead of him, bringing her leg up to kick him right in the gut. He doubled over right beside her, falling to the ground. While the two fought on the floor, Helena spotted the Orb from her place in the crowd nearby. The two were so distracted by their fighting that they had completely abandoned the one thing they were fighting about.

Helena took her chance and pushed through the crowding people, their multi-colored skin starting to give her a headache from their vibrancy. She ducked down right at Quill's feet, picking the Orb up and fast walking away, hoping to not raise any suspicion.

She glanced over her shoulder as she gained some distance, seeing what seemed like a really tall, living piece of roots and a very short, walking, talking raccoon take down Gamora, holding a big bag above her head; she could hear the raccoon yelling at the tree, but what, surprisingly, caught her attention, was Quill, out of the corner of her eye, running right at her.

She let out a grunt of frustration as he tackled her to the ground, pining her arms down with his knees, holding his blaster in her face. Helena fought the urge to spit in his so-spittable face, but focused on keeping a death grip on the orb.

" Why the hell is everyone after my Orb? " He questioned, more to himself than her, but she was still glad to answer as she used her strength to force one of her forearms up, slapping the blaster from his hands.