170.

| laura's pov |

"whoa, what's this?" i chuckle.

ross enters the door with his blonde hair turned brown. i just finished feeding rosie and now she was watching some cartoons on tv in her crib, while i prepared some lunch for ross and i.

"i auditioned for a role today." he smirks, pecking my cheek as he looks into the pot of boiling pasta.

"and your hair is brown." i wiggle my eyebrows.

"temporarily." he winks. "what're we eating?"

"carbonara." i tell him, "your mom also called early this morning to tell us they landed in florida."

ross nods, while walking over to rosie and caressing her tiny cheeks. "hey baby girl, daddy's gonna be in a new show."

"what did you audition for anyway?" i ask, chopping up some peppers.

"the chilling adventures of sabrina." ross replies, "it's going to be a series."

"thanks for letting me know." i sarcastically roll my eyes.

ross grins, and walks behind me as he wraps his arms around my waist. "i'm sorry, i wanted to surprise you."

"with what? brown hair?" i ask, twirling a piece around my finger.

"it lightens every time i wash it." ross reassures me. "and no, with the role. i don't even know if i made it."

"you told me you were making a quick stop at rydel's." i glare at him.

"well i actually made a quick stop at the studio." he shrugs.

i begin mixing together the sauce for our pasta, and that's when rosie begins to cry. i sigh, and watch ross shake his head. "i'll go."

i pour the noodles in the strainer and continue preparing the meal, ross takes rosie into his chest and gently puts the pacifier between her soft tiny lips.

"shhh, daddy's got you." he whispers softly.

i smile at how well we've been adjusting to being parents, and to our new home. we moved in only four days ago, and it already feels like home.

"violet!"

violet's little paws make sound against the hardwood floor as she comes sprinting into the kitchen where i set down her bowl of dog food and water. i can't believe how big she's getting. i twirl the pasta around the sauce and make both ross and i a plate.

ross frowns when he realizes that the pacifier isn't helping and rosie is still fussing. i sigh, "she probably has a full diaper. i'll get it."

ross turns his back towards me, motioning to me that he's got it. he walks upstairs into her bedroom where her changing table is.

i switch the tv to something more adult like, and begin to nibble at my pasta and wait for ross to return.

i hear rosie's crying from upstairs but then it soon stops, i see ross carrying her in his arms as he walks back down the stairs with a dirty diaper. i take rosie from his arms and lay her on the couch surrounded by pillows, so ross and i could eat, which made me switch the tv back to cartoons.

"this is great." ross smiles, swallowing some of his food.

"thank you." i say, taking his compliment.

"i was thinking we take a vacation. somewhere majestic." ross says out of the blue.

i scrunch my eyebrows together. "huh?"

"me and you. for a week." he suggests.

"and rosie?" i ask.

ross shakes his head. "me and you. we deserve it."

"i don't want to be away from rosie for that long." i frown. "and i'd feel bad just shipping her off to your parents. she's our responsibility."

"i'm not saying we have to go next week. i'm just saying soon. i don't want to leave her either, but i think we need a break." ross says, reaching for his cup of his water.

"i'll think about it." i smile softly.

"good." ross smiles. "it'd be fun."