Congratulations

I sprinted down the street to Y/N's house. I cannot believe Alex did that! And has been doing that! That dirty scum bag is gonna learn.

I'm there in almost no time. I knock and after a minute Y/N comes and opens the door. Oh my god, he's a mess. His hair is everywhere and he looks like he's been crying.

"Craig, what are you-" I pull him into a hug. He returns the hug and pats my back. I pull away and he leads me into the living room.

"I heard what happened. Are you and Amanda alright?"

"Yeah... well, I'm a bit of an emotional wreck right now but she seems to be alright. But she does tend to bottle things up..." 

"Where is he?" 

"In his office, he sleeps there now." I smile.

"Good, he doesn't deserve to share a room with someone as great as you!" He blushes a bit.

"Would you mind if we had a small chat? I have a few things to say."

"Fine with me, just don't murder him. I don't want you in jail." I nod and get up. It takes a second for me to find Alex's office, I haven't visited in a while. I open the door and he looks up from some papers he's working on. 

"Craig? Good to see you-"

"Alexander." His face falls, no one calls him Alexander unless it's gonna be a serious chat.

"Craig?"

"Congratulations." He looks very confused. I slam the door closed and he jumps slightly.

"You have invented a new kind of stupid. A damage you can never undo kind of stupid! Seriously, what the hell were you thinking? That you could cheat on your loving and trusting husband without consequences? My... best friend!" I tense up calling Y/N my best friend, I love him so much more than that.

"Craig! Please, I can-" 

"And this wasn't even the first time! Y/N told me about the letters he found, from multiple women over the course of three years! What the actual hell man?" I took a deep breath.

"So yeah, congratulations on ruining your marriage! I'm sure your real proud of the legacy you'll be leaving behind!"

"Craig, I'm sorry! I messed up and I'm sorry! What else do you want from me?" 

"What do I want from you? Are you really asking? Well, let me tell you about the hell you've put me through! I had to watch helplessly as Y/N fell in love with you! I had to sit by and act like my heart wasn't breaking into a million pieces as the man I fell in love with got married to a complete idiot! I had to go on with my life like nothing happened. I got married to a woman I didn't love, we had kids, totally normal right? Then I hear about your stupid ass acting up like the fucking idiot I always knew you were!" He opens and closes his mouth in shock.

"He always saw the good side of people... I've always admired that. What he saw in you... I have no clue."

"Craig..."

"I know him like I know my own mind. So kind and trusting. That night, when you two first met, he told me that he was gonna make sure you were his. And I stood by and let it happen. Do you know why? Well, I'm sure you do now, but I'll say it again. I loved him. Hell, I still do. But I thought he could do so much better than me. So when I leave today, I want you to remember this," I grabbed him by his shirt collar. We were staring into each other's eyes, well, I was glaring at him

"Y/N is the best thing in our lives. Well, our kids and him. But that's besides the point. The point is, you should never lose sight of the fact that you were blessed with marrying such an amazing, kind, and intelligent man. And then blew it." He had tears in his eyes and I let him out of my grasp.

"Just like me. Congratulations Alexander."

(If you couldn't tell this is part 2 of Maybe next time. Not sure how I connected Hamilton with Carrie Underwood but it happened.)

I'm so fucking glad school is over! Maybe now I can get a decent night's sleep.