1 - The "Big" Move

I woke up to objects being thrown and falling. I instantly get up and look at the time so I wouldn't be late for school.

I ran downstairs to see what the whole commotion was about.

"What's with the boxes and the loud noises?" I asked my parents. "Sorry honey for waking you. We're packing up the house." Momma said putting dishes in one box and some in the other.

"Wait, we're moving? To where?" I asked all confused. I sat down on the couch and watch Momma and Papa pack. I didn't want to help them because they still haven't told me where we are moving to.

"Uhm... hello?" I yelled. Apparently they didn't hear me the first time.

"Oh sorry baby girl," Said Papa. "We're moving to Layloa Oasis. It's the place where I met you're mother." He said winking my mother's direction. She rolled her eyes when she took apart the vacuum. "Where the hell is that?!" I asked confused. "Language." Momma said. "It's in this state but it's just a few hours away." Dad said.

"You guys can't be serious. I grew up here and I like being here. All the friends I have! They're way different than I am and I want to understand No-Fur-Fools more." I said complaining like a 5 year old. "Well Mia, you don't make to choices around here, do you?" Mom sassed me. "I was just saying a simple statement. But I guess you could say that." I said smiling.

She looked towards me and did a small growl. "Yeah mom, I can do that too!" I teased. For some reason I love fighting with my mom. I love fighting with anyone period, point, blank.

Her eyes started to turn bright green and so did mine. "You just want some attention do you, sweet child?" Mom said threateningly. "Pfft, no. I just love to see you so-." That's when Papa came in and starts to hold onto our wrists.

Holding onto an almost-raging-wolf's wrist calms them down. That's why he did it.

"If you two don't calm down, I will call my mother." Dad said.

We instantly let go of the rage and calmed down. Both mom and I are afraid of Grandma. That lady will do anything to make things right, which is scary.

***

When I got done putting my dresser and the couch in the truck I quickly packed a bag full of my needs for the drive to Layloa Oasis.

I packed my phone, charger, earbuds, feminine products, perfume, lotion, extra clothes, some snacks, slides, and some water.

What?! I gotta keep myself occupied for this 4 hour drive!

My parents got into the truck and I decided to drive the car. I have my license which I'm super happy about. Momma and Papa would never let me drive their car.

I put the key in the ignition and started it up. I made sure all of the stuff in the back seat were all steady. I slowly backed out and followed mom and dad.

(3 hours later)

I got so tired of driving I just wanted to pass out on the steering wheel.

I got bored so I hooked up my phone for Bluetooth. I started playing Drake's whole album so I was somewhat in my feelings.

Since that was about an hour long, we finally pull up to the house. I parked the car by the curb so the big ass truck could have some room. I took a look at the house and I noticed how beautiful it was. "Wow, maybe this place won't be as bad. Hey Papa, toss me the keys, I'm taking a look inside." He chucked the keys at me and I managed to catch it.

That's what I get for playing girls football for about 4 years.

I walked into the house and it was beautiful!

I continued to look around the house and I just instantly fell in love with it

I continued to look around the house and I just instantly fell in love with it. "Oh yeah, we're definitely staying here." I said. Hopefully the academy is pretty cool. The only thing I need to worry about is the wolves there.

They could be stronger than me, taller, cooler, and some many other stuff that I don't have. At least let me make one friend. I'm not trying to be that new loner kid.

"Do you like it?" Said both of my parents. They scared me so I didn't have much time to respond. "Jeez guys, you scared me," I said. "But I love the house!" I said jumping up and down. "Well good. Just to let you know, this town is full of wolves so you don't have to worry about any non-wolves." Well isn't that nice! Note the sarcasm.

Literally every male wolf is attractive! I probably won't be able to survive at school. All of those boys are literally going to crush my soul.

"You start school on Monday so you have 2 days to unpack." Said Papa. "Oh shoot I better get to unpacking then!"

I ran upstairs and then I see all of my stuff here. How did they get all of this in here without me hearing anything? I was in the house the whole time!

I take out my speaker and I hook up my phone to it.

I play my "Everyday Music" playlist to keep my focus. But only one thing tingles my senses. The smell of a goat...

Goats have always been my weakness. One time, my parents took me to the zoo and I saw a whole bunch of baby goats. My parents weren't looking so I took one out of the cage and snuck behind the booth.

Long story short there was now 8 goats instead of 9. :)

I looked in my bathroom mirror and I see my veins turning black. (That's when I'm about to change) I slam the door shut and locked it so my parents wouldn't find anything suspicious. They get super worked up when I change to my wolf form.

In my wolf form, I have gray and white fur with brown eyes. I didn't want to change now. But that goat was irking my nerves. I unlocked the bathroom door and ran throughout the house to follow the smell.

"She's found something and her veins are black." Said dad. "We need to go after her now before that animal is dinner." Said mom.

They ran after me and tried to catch up to me. I was too fast for them.

I caught the goat in my sight and waited for a bit before I pounced.

Next thing I know, I felt hands on my waist and shoulders. I felt a pull and was lifted off the ground.

"Mia, you can't just let your senses take over. You gotta figure out how to control it because right after you specifically change or your veins change you get super exhausted." Momma informed me. I nodded in agreement. We walked back home with hands and arms wrapped around me.

I slowly fell asleep even though I needed to unpack.