22 - The Truth

I walked through the front door of my house and stood. My parents welcomed me from the kitchen. "How was the trip to the museum?" Dad asked. I walked over to the couch with a blank stare.

"Mia?" Mom asked. "Is something the matter?" I looked at her as tears filled my eyes. I couldn't bare to say a single word to them. I cried out loud as my parents came running. "I lied to you guys this whole entire time... then he... he.." I pouted. My ears and tail never rose back up to its original position. I was still broken-hearted.

"Wh-."

"Caesar died!" I shouted. I fell to the floor and broke down. My heart was pounding throughout my entire body. The pulse was too strong. "I-I can't live... without him!" I said.

"You need to tell us everything. But first you need to take your time to collect yourself." Mom comforted.

(MOM'S POV)

"Stay here, Mia." I said rubbing her back. I walked over to the kitchen as Julian followed behind.

"She's heartbroken." Said Julian. I nodded in agreement. Mia has never came home this sad since that one time Caesar came over. I can never see how she feels at the moment. "She said she's been lying to us the whole entire time. What the hell could that possibly mean?" I asked. "Did she not go to the museum?" Julian asked. "I don't know, but we'll figure it out soon when she's ready to talk." I looked over to her sulking on the couch.

The blanket was wrapped around her with the pillow between her legs. Seeing her like this even breaks me.

I left the kitchen with a box of tissues for Mia. Her eyes were drained out from crying.

"Here you go," I handed her the tissues. "Are you ready to talk?" I asked. She nodded. I sat down with Julian and listened to her explanation.

"2 months ago, Oliv- Mrs. Cadence taught Caesar, Kyler, Nevaeh, and I everything we needed to know about the Gate and Ryland... She taught us to fight. She said that I was the strongest out of the others so she gave me the potion in order for me to get these," She wiggled her ears and tail. "That's why I've been coming home late everyday after school. I never joined a club. I believe a week ago we prepared ourselves to go to the Gate."

"What?!" I yelled. Julian rubbed my arms to calm down. "... I used my portal staff to take us there. We fought ourselves to the wall and I sent back Nevaeh and Kyler. Caesar and I continued the rest of the mission. I soon came up to the point where I figured hat Ryland was... in love with me. He hated Caesar just because I was with him so he sent a monster to torture him in a cellar. That happened when we were in his castle. Then this person helped him heal back up since he was in so much pain. I left the cellar to finish off Ryland so we could get our peace and freedom back. Ryland sent this huge monster for me to fight and her name was Sorrows. As I was straddled in her tail, Caesar came running to save me and cut off her tail with his broadsword. She screamed out and grabbed him... she threw her hand back and... stabbed Caesar in the chest with her long nails..." Tears began to fall down her cheeks.

(MIA'S POV)

I felt pain in my chest just like Caesar did just from explaining it...

"I screamed as loud as I could and killed Sorrows. She had this glowing stone in her neck so I struck her there. Ryland grew angry so he emerged into a larger demon version of him. He was going to kill me but it was the other way around. My sword slowly struck into his chest and he died." I kept looking down at the carpet. I was devastated.

"My daughter... is—." Papa said.

"The reason why Caesar died. I didn't have enough time to save him!" I cried.

"No, you're the world's hero... you saved us from the Lunas. Have you ever thought of that?" Momma asked. She was right. I can't beat myself up from Caesar's death. He'll always live inside of me forever.

"No, not really..." I sighed. "What are we going to tell his Mother?" Papa asks. "Mia? You have any ideas?"

"I will tell her everything she needs to know. After that, I'll see if we can set up for a funeral..." Us wolves have very different funerals then humans do. Of course family and friends gather there but we do some sort of ritual.

The High Priest takes a bit of blood from the Alpha Male and Female and put it in a locket so we would be bonded physically. I'm scared to do that. We're only the alphas of the school but yet we're doing this. Caesar would've asked me if I was ok with this. If I was, he would be too.

"I'll go over to her house tomorrow and tell her everything. Right now, I have to get things off of my mind..." I went to my room and plugged in some earbuds.