10 - "Have Courage, Strength, and Bravery."

We made it to class without being late. Mrs. Cadence was teaching us about the Gate today. I'm actually glad. We finally got the chance to talk about something I wanted to learn since I got here! I had this class with the other 3 so this would be fun.

Nevaeh sat next to me on my left and Caesar sat on my right. Kyler was in front of Caesar. We all looked at each other with glory and happiness in our eyes. We're all excited for this lesson.

"Hey guys! Today we're talking about the Gate and the Gate keeper." Mrs. Cadence said proudly. The whole class got silent. I suppose they're scared. A few whined and others stayed quiet. We just stayed quiet and listened to what she had to say. "So, the Gate is the most scariest, darkest, and devilish place in the universe." She said making hand gestures in the air. "Is it scary then hell?" A girl said.

"Actually, yes it is. It takes the strongest wolf to enter that realm. There's all types of nasty looking wolves and monsters down there. Some even say that there's a little girl who goes in and out of the realm likes it nothing." She explained. "Andrea!" Kyler, Caesar, Nevaeh, and I shouted out at the same time. "Correct. How did you guys know about her."

"Let's just say... we had a little talk with her." Caesar said looking at all of us. "Ah, interesting. Now, the Gate keeper." Mrs. Cadence said. More wolves started to whine. Seriously, it's not that scary to talk about this guys. Chill out. "Ok, ok. Put on you big girl pants and be a man you guys." Nevaeh said to a group of boys. "His name is —."

"Ryland." I said. "Correct. How do you four know so much about this?" She asked. "We've been through some things ma'am." Kyler said politely. "Ok... he is the ruler of the whole land there. He is the boss of all of the monsters and wolves. He is the reason why we had that war between the Lunas. He blamed us wolves saying that we already took over land over in the west. But actually, it was him who took over it and called it the Gate."

"The Gate is located in the west but it is far, far, far away from here. The only way to transport there is by witchcraft. Such as portals or some kind of power." She explained. "Can't us wolves just run there? We do have speed that others don't." A guy said. "Actually no, us wolves will not survive on the way there. It is too dangerous."

"If you yourself wants to go to the Gate and talk piece amongst the keeper, you're going to have to have courage, strength, and bravery. The main reason you're going to talk peace with Ryland is to fight either him or one of his strongest minions. And that's a path you're not gonna take without armor. You don't want to be ripped into shreds, now do you?" Mrs. Cadence asked. Everyone shook there heads no but us.

Let's just say that we're those wolves in movies that'll do what it takes to save the world from danger.

"Mia, Caesar, Kyler, Nevaeh. How come you guys didn't shake your heads ferociously like the rest of the class?" Mrs. Cadence asked. "Can us four talk to you after class? This isn't a matter for us to say it out loud to the whole class." I said. "Yes, Miss Alpha. Oh, I just noticed that both of our Alphas are present." She said smiling. Everyone looked back at us and did the wolf chant. It's more of a deep "Roof" like a dog. But hey, never in your damn life call a wolf a dog. We will eat you alive. Nah, I'm just kidding! We eat animals not humans.

"Alright. That's all I have to say for this class. You can talk but not too loudly." Mrs. Cadence said. My little group turned our desks so we could form a circle. We started to talk about what we should do if we ever go to the Gate.

"If we ever go, where are we going to find the witchcraft and armor? It's not like it'll just poof up in front of us like it's Christmas." Nevaeh complained. "That's a good question. We'll just look around. Who knows what's in this town." I said placing my chin on my hand. "Mrs. Cadence keeps looking at us grinning." Kyler said pointing over to her.

We all turn our heads to her and she just keeps smiling. What the hell lady! "Maybe she could be helpful." Caesar suggested. "How? She's creeping me out." Nevaeh said. "Well, she does have a lot of information about the Gate and the keeper. Maybe she has what we need." Kyler said. "You're right we should call her over here." I said getting up from my seat.

"Whoa there babe, we don't know if we're one hundred percent right or not." Caesar said grabbing my hand to not leave. "You're right. Remember we need to talk to her about everything we experienced throughout this week. I actually think she could be helpful." I said.

The bell rings and everyone starts heading out the classroom. "Mrs. Cadence?" I called out to her. "Hmm?" She said putting papers in a filing cabinets. "We're here to talk to you about what we know." Caesar said. "Oh that's right! Lay it on me pups." She said happily.

"So, we've been to the picture room and we saw things." Nevaeh said. "Yeah. Mia and I met Andrea multiple times." Caesar said placing a hand on my shoulder. Every time that guy touches me I get so warm.

"Ok, have you guys thought of going to the Gate? Because if you are..." She said. "We're going to need armor and some sort of witchcraft to go there. Yes, we know but we don't know where to get that stuff." Kyler said. "Then you guys came to the right person. In a couple of days, I am going to train you guys. Right now, you guys don't seem like the fighting type." Mrs. Cadence said lifting up Nevaeh's arms.

"I can fight." Caesar said raising his hand up. "I meant with weapons." She said. He put his hand back down. I'm pretty sure none of us has fought with a sword or any other weapons.

"Now go! Take this hall pass so you guys won't be counted as late. On Friday, meet me here after your last period. We're going to my place to train." She handed us the slip of paper and we left.

"Well, that was easy." Nevaeh said relieved. "Yeah, I thought she was just some crazy ol' teacher." Kyler said waving his fingers in circles to gesture crazy. "At least she's on our side for this." Caesar said swatting his hand in front of Kyler. "He's right. Just imagine her not helping us. We would still remain confused and helpless." I said.

"True, well this is my stop. I'll see you guys later." Nevaeh said stopping at Home Ec.

"Bye sis." Kyler said.

We all went our separate ways with plans going through our minds.