12 - Our Armor

Training took up most of my mind to worry about. Especially only me going to the actual realm itself. This is so nerve wracking! I can't even pay attention in class right now. Who knows what I could be staring off at. The wall, the floor, maybe a wolf. That'll be creepy. I woke up from my thinking and paid attention to Mrs. Cadence.

"Sometimes even Ryland has weak points. In total, he only has 2. Hiding behind his back, and kicking him where the moon doesn't shine." She whispered. I should've listened before she was talking about his weak points.

The bell rings and everyone gathers their belongings.

"Mia, come here for a bit." Mrs. Cadence said. "Sorry, I was drifting off about the... you know..." I didn't say the whole thing because you never know if someone is spying on us. "Ah, Yes. I do have to tell you something before you guys leave today. Speaking of they're waiting for you outside the classroom. You and I will talk about this at my house." She said.

I left the classroom with everyone else and acted like nothing happened. "What did she tell you? Anything new?" Kyler asked quietly. "N-no. She w-wanted to tell you guys th-that we're learning new things a-at her house to-day." I lied. "Oh okay." Kyler said walking off with Nevaeh.

"What's really going on?" Caesar asked pulling my shoulder. "N-nothing." I continued to lie. They can't know about anything that Mrs. Cadence and I are talking about. "Mia, I know you. Everytime you lie, you stutter." He said continue to walk with me. "I swear it's nothing. There's nothing to worry about." I said. This is bad, I knew he'd start asking questions.

***

"Mia, angle your sword up then switch to the other hand." Mrs. Cadence said. "Ok..." I did exactly what she said and aced it. "Now, stab then do a..."

(CAESAR'S POV)

"Don't you guys think that Mia and Cadence are up to something?" I asked Kyler and Nevaeh. "Yeah, she's been getting all of the special treatment lately." Kyler said doing a somersault then shooting his arrow. "You've been getting better." I complimented. "I've been better than ever, Caesar. Nevaeh and I took bow and arrow classes since we were 4." He bragged. I rolled my eyes and headed towards Nevaeh.

"You've noticed it too?" She asked. "The Mia thing? Yeah." I said. I looked in their direction and sighed. I needed to get to the bottom of this.

"Hey! Mrs. Cadence?" I yelled out. "From now on guys, you can drop the Mrs. thing." She said. She continued to work with Mia on her positions. "Can you come practice with m—."

"Actually, follow me everyone." She said towards a door.

(MIA'S POV)

She led us to the library on the right. "This is the map of the realm. Here is the entrance and in the center is where Ryland is located. Around his little place is a wall that you need to get past." She pointed to all of the locations of the Gate of where we need to go.

The wall is where I could use my portal staff to teleport them back here. I have got to remember that.

"To get to the actual Gate itself is Mia's staff. Mia, you'll open a portal big enough for all four of you to fit through. It should take you directly to the Gate." Cadence explained. "Ok, but what if something goes wrong with Mia's staff?" Nevaeh asked. "Nothing should go wrong. I know how to use it properly." I winked.

We left the library and Cadence led us to the armor. "Today, you guys can actually pick out your armor. Choose wisely." She said. She walked towards the potion stand and made mixtures.

"The silver one already caught my eye so... why not?" Kyler said. He grabbed the headpiece and put it on. He put the rest on and he was amazed. "I look hawt!" He shouted. "I want to try it out." He ran over the obstacles and used them.