19 - Throne Room

One of the paintings look a bit odd. It was leaning forward like something was behind it. I removed the painting and there was a small glass box covering the lever. It needed a weird looking key for it to be opened. I wanted to break it but I didn't want to get hurt.

"Here lemme break it. I have an iron fist." Caesar said flexing his muscles. "Wow! So elegant." I said flattered. Note the sarcasm. "Heh, I'd like to see you to break the box, m'lady." He said crossing his arms. He stood back for me to take a try.

I looked at my fist and thought, I'm not hurting my good hand. I bashed it open with my elbow instead. Pieces of glass fell to the floor like it was snow on a winter day. But deadlier. Who would want glass fall from the sky?

"Ok... enough showing off. Let's pull the lever." He said out of jealousy. "What if it's dangerous? It could be a trap." I worried. "We'll have to find out." Caesar pulled the lever and a body-sized entrance opened below it. It was like those trash hatches in hotels or penthouses.

"See you at the bottom." Caesar said chucking his body down the slide. Could he ever be so childish? Shut up Mia, you know you can't resist it.

I placed both of my feet and swung myself down the slide. It was dark but I could see a bit of light at the end. I landed on my feet and took a look around the room. It was a throne room. It had two floors and we were on the top. I saw Caesar walk around to find a way downstairs.

I caught up with him and helped look for some staircase or elevator. "You see anything?" I asked. "No, not yet. But can't we just jump down?" He asked. Why not? The bottom floor wasn't to far from the top so I guess we could jump.

"Sire, What do expect? Her to fall in love with you? It's very much declared incest in the overworld." A lady said. "Get down!" I whispered to Caesar. We ducked down behind a pillar that was nearby the throne.

"Yes, Kula I know. But can't you and the rest of the Quad make some sort of love potion?" A very deep voice spoke. "Well, yes but that's something that I nor the Quad can handle. That's something we can't tamper with. It's very much so dangerous." She said. The two figures walked out to the middle of the room and continued the conversation.

"Is that..." Caesar said.

"Ryland and the bright lady. I didn't know her name was Kula." I groaned.

"I can't believe he's your brother. I'd feel the same you're feeling if I were you. But besides him being a demon, why else do you hate him?" Caesar asked. "Well, I saw something in that painting earlier." I sadly sighed and listened on to the conversation.

"I don't care! Make that goddamn potion! And bring me her gemstone. I want to see her." Ryland yelled. His voice was so deep and raspy, I could feel every word coming from his mouth. It's vibrating in my heart.

The lady ran away to the hallway. "Oh no." I said. "He's going to know we're here." I said. "What do you mean?" Caesar asked. "In the painting, Ryland has everyone in the world's birthstone. Mine is a peridot and he watches me on a daily basis. He holds it to his chest where his heart is so he could see me. Everything I do is going to show through that gem!" I whisper shouted. We were dead and I know it.

"Shit, then we need to get out of here." He said frightened. "We can't! That opening we slid through was our only way down. There's probably no way back up." I moved to a side of the room where I could get a better look at Ryland. Caesar followed behind me.

"Here is Mia's gemstone. Please I beg of you, be careful." Kula begged. "Do you think I'd hurt her?! Leave now, Kula." Ryland roared. "Don't ever command me." He mumbled.

"We're dead." Caesar said. "Yup." We watched as he slowly placed my stone to his heart. My heart was pounding, I can't let him do this.

"Uhh, Mia." Caesar said afraid. "What?" I looked behind me and saw two guards holding spears to our necks. "Come with us or die." One said. "Hahaha, I found you Mia." A voice came from below. I looked down at the first floor and saw Ryland looking up to us. "Bring Mia to me. Knock out the other one." He said devilishly.

"No!" I screamed. A guard got a hold of me and the other punched Caesar in the face. "Caesar!" I shouted.

They tied my wrists together with rope and led me down to Ryland. "Let me go!" I said squirming my arms. "Caesar!!" I screamed for his name more and more. They pushed me down on my knees as I was in front of Ryland. "You bastard." I spit.

"Now, now, little sister watch your mouth." He said kneeling down at me. "Mommy and daddy wouldn't want to hear you with that potty mouth." He grabbed my chin and leaned me closer to his face. "Don't you want to see what I look like? I'm rather dashing as you think." He smirked. I could see the corners of his mouth tug.

"I'd rather die than see what you look like." I said getting out of his hold. "Oh sweetheart! I am worst than death."

"What do you want from me!?" I screamed at him. "Ahaha! It's not that easy Miss. Cortez. I want you... but it turns out, that you don't like your big brother." He said with a pouty voice.

"You're not my brother. The brother I know wouldn't tie up the love of his life." My voice seemed to change after I said that. It got a little... scary.

"I see you finally broke out your voice. Cute." He said pacing the room. "Don't call me cute. You're wrong for this! You shouldn't be hitting on your fucking sister!" I yelled out. My wrist broke free from the ropes and I quickly grabbed my sword from my back.

Orange particles beamed from my sword. It grew a bit bigger than it was before. Much bigger.

My ears and tail moved ferociously like it was telling me something. "Where have you hid Caesar?" I angrily spoke. "Hahahaha! You'll never find him. But I can show you through his birthstone." He said waving it in front of me.

I snatched it out of his hand and held it close to me. I saw him in his wolf form growling like a savage in a cell. "Caesar..." I said. "DON'T HURT HIM!" I yelled at Ryland. "I won't. But they will." He snapped his fingers and a giant figure emerged from behind his throne. He wasn't big-big, he was buff. I looked back at the gemstone that was in my hand.

"Huh? Where did it go?" I said searching my body. "Right here." A lady said. It was Kula. "I used my magic to get it back. It levitated right into my hands." She laughed evilly.

I charged after her to get it back but she poofed. "Grr." I growled. "Where did she go!" I shouted.

"Gola, go teach Caesar a small lesson. He's in the cellars." Ryland directed his minion to an entry way. "No!" I yelled. I chased after the beast but I was tugged back. It was Kula again! "You're not going anywhere little girl." She laughed.

"Ahahahaahha! This is too good." Ryland laughed. Him breathing just irritates me. "To make this even more fun, let's see Caesar get torn apart." He said rubbing his hands together like an evil villain. "Stop doing this!" I wanted to move but I couldn't. Kula put some sort of freeze spell on me.

Kula forced the gem on my heart so I could see Caesar in the cellar. "Stop! Please. Please..." I forced my eyes shut so I wouldn't see but... I saw.

Once you see, you can't unsee.