8 - Andrea

Last night felt magical. I felt like one million pounds has been lifted off my body. I looked up to the ceiling with arms straddling me to the bed. I turned my head to see a sleeping Caesar right next to me. I twisted my body to his direction and looked at him.

"Caesar Montoya, you just made me the happiest wolf alive. I can't wait for our future. We might have some troubles on the way but I know that we'll get through them." I brush my fingers through his brownish-black hair.

A small smile started to grow on his lips when I trailed my hands down to his shoulder.

"Caesar are you awake?" I asked.

"No."

I rolled my eyes and lifted his hands off my stomach. "Well, I'm going to make breakfast. You can come join me if you'd like?" I Said pulling my shorts back on.

"That'd be nice. I'll meet you down there." He said turning over to me.

I walked out the room and headed to the kitchen. I looked around in confusion from looking at all the cabinets.

"How am I supposed to find all of the supplies for pancakes and bacon?" I said putting my hand to my forehead.

I rummaged through all the cabinets to look for the pancake mix. Still couldn't find it.

"Looking for this, babygirl?" Caesar said holding the box in his hand. "Oh yeah, thank you. Your kitchen is so big I couldn't find a single fork." I grabbed the box and looked for a bowl to mix it in. "Let me just get out all of the materials. You look like a lost dog." He laughed.

"I am not a dog! I am a wolf! They are two different species." I pouted. I leaned against the counter as I just watched him get out all of the materials.

He walked over to me and kissed me on the cheek saying, "You're welcome!" He had the biggest fake smile ever. I scoffed and started to put the ingredients in the bowl. "So, tomorrow at school we're finally learning about the Gate." I turned to him with the most stupidest look on my face.

"The what?" I said tilting my head. "The gate. It's a devilish place where all of the demon-like creatures are at. No one has ever had the courage to actually go through it and talk to the gate keeper," Caesar said washing the dishes. "The past explorers go in, and don't come out. It normally takes about a week or two to get out and talk to the keeper for peace between Lunas and werewolves."

I looked down at the batter and had a thought. "What if we go to the gate?" I Said with a bright facial expression. "Ha ha ha! That's funny." He said laughing his ass off. I shot him a death glare and he instantly stopped laughing.

"Oh, you're not playing around," He said fiddling with his fingers. "You mean, Nevaeh, Kyler, Me, and you go to the gate and ask the keeper for peace between wolves and Lunas?" I gave him a confused look. "Lunas?" I Said pouring the batter onto the pan.

"You'll learn more about it at school tomorrow. I've kind of said too much." Caesar scratched the back of his neck and set the table up.

***

When we were done eating and talking, we watched movies and went to the forest behind his house. I'd never thought spending a half day with Caesar would be so amazing. He's such a sweet, DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, loving person. Who couldn't like him?

"So, I was wondering about this Gate thing," I said walking along a thick branch. "Does the keeper know what's going on nowadays?" I Said. "Wow, you really don't know about this stuff?" Caesar said jumping off a tree. "Well, I did come from a non-wolf school. And my parents don't really talk about this stuff." I laughed.

"He has a little girl named Andrea that sneaks on ground and watches everyone's move. She goes back and forth to the gate to transfer information." Is he serious?!

"So she could be watching us right now?"

"Yup!"

Well that's not creepy at all. I want to meet this little girl and tell her to stop. It's freaking me out.

My ear twitches when I hear a little foot steps come from a distance. "Did you hear that?" I Said crouching down. "Yeah, it's coming from the left." I slowly walk over to the noise as it moved to another area.

"What the hell?" I Said feeling a breeze brush past me.

"Mia, look." Caesar said pointing in front of us. "Don't move." I said putting my arm in front of him.

"It's her. Andrea." Caesar said with his eyes wide open. "Holy shit." I said putting my arm down.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you guys." Andrea said tilting her head. "Are you afraid of me? Do you think I'm going to tell Ryland about you?" She said walking towards us.

We took a couple steps back with fear plastered all over our faces.

"He told me to watch you Mia. You seem very special to him." She grabs my hand and looks up to be with baby doll eyes.

I look behind and I see Caesar with his fists bawled up.

"W-who's Ryland?" I asked stuttering.

"He's the Gate Keeper. Ask your parents about him. You'll find some interesting news." She walked away leaving a trace of gold particles behind her.

"I think I just peed my pants." Caesar said shaking. "She said I should ask my parents about him. I'm so damn confused." I Said burying my face into my hands.

"Come on. Let's get you home."