21 - Her Grief

<<< previously >>>

"My love, take... your time. I'll see you on... the other side..." Caesar shut his eyes for the last time as I lost grip of his hand.

<<< present >>>

"... I'm—." Ryland cued in. "SHUT UP! THIS IS ALL OF YOUR FAULT!" I cried out. "SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL ME! She was supposed to kill me..."

Ryland grew larger and a long green sword appeared in his hand. He wanted to kill me for loving Caesar and not him.

He charged for me and I just stood there. I didn't do anything because I knew he wasn't going to hurt me... he loves me...

(PLAY THE SONG ABOVE)

"I have crossed the horizon to find you..."
"I know your name..."
"They have stolen the heart from inside you..."
"But this does not define you..." He stops in front of me with the sword to my neck.
"This is not who you are..."
"You know who you are..." I took my sword and slowly stabbed him in the stomach.

He slowy removes it from my neck as he grew smaller and smaller. "Mia..." he quietly said. His skin wasn't deep black anymore. He was a normal human but... I killed him for the werewolves freedom.

"RYLAND!" Kula shouted. She ran over to him and screamed at me. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

"I saved the world..." I put my sword away and grabbed my portal staff. "T-time to go home..." My ears and tail dropped in sadness when I looked back at Caesar. "I'll see you on the other side..."

***

I looked around the training room to see if anyone was here. No one... I looked down at my hand and saw Caesar's blood stains all over it.

I decided to fall to the floor and let out a scream. "Mia?" A woman said. "Oh my gosh, Mia!" It was Olivia. She was happy to see me but her face dropped. "Where's Caesar?" She asked. I showed her my hand and she gasped. "He... died..." she said.

I nodded and wiped away my tears. "Kyler! Nevaeh!" She called out. They came running when they saw me. "Mia! You're back!" Kyler yelled. I looked back at them with tears eyes. "Where's Caesar?" Nevaeh asked.

"Dead..." I said.

Our love was no other. It was strong, adorable, fun, and other words I can't explain. You made me happiest wereworlf alive but you had to leave me. I won't see you again unless I die early or late. I can't do life without you. I miss you Caesar and it's only mean seconds...

Come back...