3 - Feelings

6th period was our free period. That's new. My old school didn't have that.

I felt a nudge when I was heading towards my locker.

"Hey, you want to meet up with Caesar and Nevaeh this period? We only have an hour and 45 minutes for this class." Kyler said. I nodded and I let him lead the way.

"Do you guys have a specific spot you hang out at?" I asked. "Yeah we do. It's at the back of the school where the gymnasium is."

While we walked to the back of the school, everyone was pointing and staring at me. I hated the attention. I tried to ignore it but my senses were tingling.

"Calm down. It's just about the..." Kyler stopped talking. "The what? C'mon finish your sentence, Kyler." I said.

Of course it's about me. I'm going to have to know at some point in time.

"It's about you being Alpha Female. Apparently your named popped up as one of the candidates." He started scratching the back of his neck. "Are you fucking kidding me Kyler?!" I walked away from him and yelled, "Who the hell put my name as one of the volunteers?" I got irritated when no one raised their hand.

"I did, calm down little puppy." A deep raspy voice came from a distance. I turned my attention to the tall figure standing a couple feet behind me. "Who the hell are you?" I asked.

He wasn't that bad of a looking person. He looks about 6'2", he has brown hair and he smells like cologne. Bleh!

"I'm Jesus Diaz, and you're Mia Cortez, right?" He said taking a few steps in front of me. I looked up at him and attempted to slap him. He grabbed my wrist and grabbed the other. He held me close as I tried to escape his hold.

"Let me...go!" I kicked his right thigh, gripped his arm and twisted it behind his back like last time.

"C'mon now guys, I have to do this to two people in one day!" My hold slowly loosened and he picked me up bridal style.

"I want you to be the Alpha Female. When I become Alpha Male, you'll be my mate. Got that?" Jesus put me down and kissed me on the forehead. I quickly wiped it away as he laughed. "Look here princess-." I interrupted him. "Ok, who gave me the nickname princess?" I asked looking around. Ruben raised his hand.

"Fuck you." I mouthed. I looked back to Jesus and he stood there with his arms crossed smirking. "What's with the stupid look?" I asked. Without him answering me, he walked away. I lost him as I was stuck in the middle of a group of students.

"I actually ship them, they would make adorable mates." One student said. "She has my vote!" So many people were talking about Jesus and I. I don't think that'll ever happen.

I kinda want to be with Caesar. He's the one that caught my eye this morning.

"Mia! Finally, I found you. We can get the hell outta this." Nevaeh said taking my arm and running to the back of the school.

***

When we made it, I saw Caesar and Kyler already there. I looked around and the scenery here is amazing.

"So, this is y'all's spot?" I asked. They all nodded out of tune. I swear they've probably known each other since kindergarten or something. 

"This is our spot. Me, you, Caesar, and Kyler." I noticed how Nevaeh emphasized our spot. I felt a smile plaster on my face when she included me.

I sat down next to Caesar. He starts to smile so I start to smile. What has this kid done
to me?

"Caesar, do you even want to run for Alpha Male?" Kyler asked. Caesar looked up from twiddling his fingers to running his fingers through his hair.