13 - "You Can't Go Back"

Days and days past of training. All of us had techniques that we didn't know we were capable of. Me being a bomb ass girl with a staff and sword, Caesar and his hot stuff with a sword, and Nevaeh and Kyler having a bow and arrow. They're really good at their weapons.

"Gather around kiddos!" Cadence yelled out. "I have to inform you guys on this potion I made." She said lifting the chemical in the air. "What is it?" I questioned. "It's a transforming potion just for you." She said handing it to me. "Wait, so we don't get one?" Caesar asked pointing to him and he others. "Not particularly. Someone else gets one but I can't tell who." Cadence said waving a finger in front of the three.

They all looked at each other in confusion.

"Can you tell us what it is?" Kyler asked. "Ah yes! This can turn you into a wolf and a human at the same time. Yes, the process does involve a bit of pain, but it'll make you much stronger." Cadence said. I looked at the substance and saw bubbled floating down instead of up. "Do I have to?" I asked.

"It's required, but the answer I was hoping to say was... yes. If you want to be strong enough to take on Ryland, you're going to have to take this." She said pushing towards me. "I'll think about it. I mean, it involves pain!" I shouted. "I'm not trying to die!"

"You can either experience pain from this potion, or die by trying to kill Ryland." She said casually. Ok, this is way harder than I thought. "I'll think about it." I said. I put the lid on the bottle so it doesn't spill. "What do you have to do for you to transform? Do we drink it or?" Caesar said gesturing his hands.

"Well, there is two ways. You take a dropper, fill it up as much as you can, then drop it under your eyelids. Or fill up a bathtub with ice cold water and pour the substance in. Soak your body in the mixture and something should happen." She said. "Just know... you can't go back. This is permanent."

That doesn't seem too hard. Just hopefully it doesn't burn.

***

Tomorrow, we plan on heading out there. All of us are pumped up and prepared to go to the Gate. It'll probably take days or weeks to be in there. Oh my god, what am I going to tell my parents?

I walked in the living room and see them sitting down. Welp, I'm in trouble. "Come sit, Mia." Papa said pointing to the couch across from them. "You haven't been coming home on you're regular curfew. What's going on and don't lie about it." Momma said. "Well... I uh... I've been going to Mrs. Cadence's house and um... I've been... helping her with a new trip we're going on. I joined a traveling club and we're leaving tomorrow to the uh... museum." I lied. I could not risk for them knowing. Who knows they'll be in danger.

"How come you haven't told us anything? How long will you be gone?" Momma said bombarding me with questions. "Chill out. I just forgot to tell you guys. We're going to be gone for about a week or more..." I said worried. "Oh ok. Just be careful out there. We thought you were doing something that'll risk your life. You're just a pup and—."

"Oh my god! Stop calling me a pup! I can handle myself and I'm not a pup anymore!" I yelled at them. "I am sick and tired of being treated like I need to surrender and be scared of something so bad like Ryland and the Gate!" I yelled out. I quickly shut up because I screwed up for my choice of words.

"How do you know about him?" Momma said standing up from the couch. Her hands were balled up. "Because I've learned from my piers. I'm smarter than you think." I crossed my arms on my chest and rolled my eyes. "We do not speak of that devilsome name. The second I saw him, I—."

"You what?" I demanded. "Don't worry about it." She walked out to the backyard. "Ugh! I'm so sick of her insecurity!" I stormed up to my room and slammed the door behind me. What could she be hiding from me?

I took the potion out of my backpack and just stared at it. This is a tough decision. I'll just be giving up all of my life. I stored it in my drawer and went to sleep.

Tomorrow's the big day...