Love?Maybe

Allison's POV

I walked into the living room to see Damien and Tyler arguing. Tyler was running his hand through his hair effortlessly, Damien was doing the same.

"Boys?" I asked their heads whipped so fast to look at me I was afraid they were gonna have whiplash.

"Yes?" Damien asked. "What is going on?" I responded. "We can't decide on insidious 1&2 or paranormal activity 1,2,3&4." Said Tyler.

"Paranormal Activity more movies, less scary." I replied. "Paranormal Activity it is." I plopped in the middle of them smiling.

For now I was okay, and being okay is well okay.

When we were into the third movie Damien got a text from Mandy and said he had to go. We both nodded.

He gave a quick smile before it was just me and Tyler. I felt it was weird, but let it slip.

My phone started buzzing. I apologized to Tyler and got up. "Kyle?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey Allison." His voice echoed through my ears. I hadn't heard it since I shut people out for the second time.

He told me he couldn't take it anymore, and that I was breaking him. Then he went on a road trip.

He said he needed to find himself. "So long time." He broke the silence.

"Definitely." I mumbled. "How have you been?" He asked. The golden question right there.

"I'm good."
"That's good." He replied. "Okay listen, I found myself on these open roads Allison. I know I grew up falling for you, loving you. Our brief time where we acted on our feelings was great. But."

Of course there's a 'but'. "When you spiraled, I broke. I realized I couldn't love you because I was going to go insane. So I left, you're my best friend and always will be. If you need me call me. But I am staying out here, riding around, but don't hesitate, I'll come to you if you need me." He finished.

I wiped tears from my eyes. "Thank you Kyle. I miss you and love you in a best friend way." I laughed out.

"You're welcome, I miss you and love you too." He stated, wow he sounded happy.

"Now if you don't mind I gotta get back to a very gorgeous girl in my shotgun seat, I hope you find someone to love Allison." I smiled, that's good he found someone.

"I hope I do too. Goodbye Kyle." I hung up and walked back to Tyler.

He smiled at me then he put the fourth movie in I was sleepy.

It was close to 8 now. I snuggled into Tyler and felt his arms around me, his heartbeat was surprisingly fast causing me to smirk.

"Nervous much?" I asked slowly drifting in to sleep. "Beyond your understanding." He mumbled.

Even though I wanted to protest and question him I couldn't, because even though I was the kind of tired sleep couldn't cure, I needed to sleep, get away for just an hour or so.

So I drifted into sleep.

Tyler's POV

I sat there with my arms around her, she was smiling in her sleep. Am I in love? Maybe.

All I know is I didn't want to fall in love, but at one point she smiled, and shit I blew it.

Her warmth against me was something you couldn't just get use to, it was something that was incredibly exciting and calming.

And I Tyler Reed have no shame in admitting I'm whipped by this nerd gone bad.

She saved me a long time ago, unintentionally, and now I was gonna try and save her.