It's Time

*about 9 months in the future*

It's 3 in the morning. I wake up with a major contraction. This one was different. It felt more so of the urge to push, which I didn't think was good at all, so I woke up Daniel.

E: *i whisper, trying not to cry* Daniel....
D: *with a groggy voice* What's the matter sweetie? Are you okay?
E: I think it's time.
D: Are you sure?
E: Yeah. I'm having this baby today

Daniel rushes to change and wake himself up. I grab the hospital bag and we head off.

D: Eileen... we're gonna have a baby today
E: I know. Isn't it just amazing?

The contractions came every 2 mins. I started to get concerned. I felt like I needed to push, and before we got there, I couldn't help but push.

E: Dani, are we almost there?
D: Almost baby. How are you holding up?
E: Idk if we're gonna make it, I feel like I need to push
D: Okay, just hold on as much as possible and don't push *he grabs my hand* you got this babe!

We finally arrive at the hospital. They take me back right away and examine me.

E: Can I push?
Doc: I need you to not push
D: Why can't she? Is something wrong?
Doc: I can feel your baby's face, instead of the head. We might need to do a C-section-

I let out a huge scream. I feel an immense amount of pain in my side. At that point, I could tell something was really wrong.

Doc: What happened? What's hurting?
E: Ahh, my side
D: Whats happening? *he starts to well up with tears*
Doc: the baby is breaking her ribs. We need you to wait in the waiting room while we do the C section. We're gonna take care of her okay?

Dani walks outside. I can tell how worried he is, and I don't blame him. At that point, I was in way too much pain to barely get any words out that I needed to. They take me to the OR and start numbing me. Once they got the baby out safely, I felt so relieved. I wasn't able to hold her because she was so fragile and had to be taken back to examined.

I was told that I've lost a lot of blood, and that I'll need a transfusion. At this moment, I feel so dizzy. The world is spinning. I can feel myself start to lose consciousness.

E: What's... hap.. happening?
Doc: You're gonna be fine Eileen. Just stay awake as much as you can.
E: I want.. D... Dani... I... need him.....
Doc: Well get him when we're done honey.
E: Tell him... that I love.....

/\
    \_______________________________

Doc: ...... Time of death, 20:21.