9~ Ambushed

>Emma's pov<

I looked around the forest, looking for anything that was out of place. I was walking in-between Destiny and Silver with Red, Sora and Rafe behind me. Even though now of them will admit it I knew they were trying to protect me by making a circle-ish shape around me... and I don't really blame them... something just didn't feel right like we were being followed. I mumbled the lullaby of the grass types under my breath, not wanting to alert the others but still wanting to be prepared since over the past few months I developed a sense of paranoia in events I couldn't control.

Even though no one could see, the flecks in my eyes changed to a deep forest green.

"Well well well. What do we have here?" An all to familiar voice snickered making me tense. See, I wasn't just paranoid.

I stayed quiet but still glared at him as a familiar green haired person walked in with a squad of grunts. Grass head much.

N staired directly at me. "Emma that disguise won't work on me."

"What do you want N?" I hissed and took a step forward so I was in front of my friends. Silver did as well so he was by my side.

Sometimes I really wish I had a lawnmower.

"I believe you know exactly what I want."

I continued to glare at him but kept quiet, gritting my teeth in annoyance.

"Emma, what is it he wants?" Silver asked, glancing at me as if feeling the tent ion between the two of us.

"Nothing... don't worry about it." I said hastily.

"Is that another secret you're keeping from your friends Emma?" Cyrus said in a scolding tone as he smirked and walked next to N, crossing his arms.

"Shut up Cyrus!" I snarled.

"Why don't you make me?"

"Don't tempt me."

I noticed some of the grunts were inching around us.

"Mel." I whispered. "Keep an eye on them. I'll keep N and Cyrus busy."

I eyed my Pokéballs, not knowing whether or not to let them out. Then I noticed a familiar machine in the forest just behind the tree line as if trying to stay out of sight. I had seen the machine in action before and knew exactly what it does. It turns the Pokemon it's used on under Team Plasmas control. If they got there hands on any of my Pokemon then we'd be I'm serious trouble. It was nearly impossible to return a Pokémon to it's Pokéball when under control of the machine and the only time it had been used on one of my Pokémon, I'd been forced to knock it out in order to break the connection holding him.

"So Emma, tell me, who are your friends?" N raised an eyebrow with false curiosity.

I stayed quiet but never stopped glaring, biting down on my tongue.

"Come on. Let me know."

"There Emma's friends and brother." Cyrus smirked.

Both me and N glared at him. "Shut up." We said at the same time.

We turned and glared at each other. "Don't copy me!" Once again at the same time.

"Stop!" And you guessed it, at the same time.

I face palmed as N yelled at the top of his lungs to stop. Probably expecting me to do the same, but once he realised that he was the only one who did he looked incredibly embarrassed.

I smirked. "Someone a little mad?" I mocked before sticking out my tongue at him.

N glared at me.