Ch. 33: Oh Shoot

Blake's POV

"Blake, Brandon, meet Lauren. Lauren, meet Brandon and Blake." Riley greeted us, and gave a hug to her sister Lauren. "Blake is going to work with you, and Brandon is just a friend of his." Riley added.

"Well, hi Brandon and um hi Blake." Lauren hesitated shook our hands. Her eyes were also locked to her feet the whole time. She's a shy one.

It's cute.

How her long, red hair falls down to her stomach on both sides and she's wearing a strapless white thy-length dress with a brown belt in the middle.

I can tell that Lauren and Riley are sisters without having Riley tell me, because they look similar.

They both have the long, silky looking red hair, but Lauren's red is a lighter tone while Riley is a fiery red. Also, Riley and Lauren has the baby blue eyes. The only difference between them is height and clothing of course. Riley, who's probably a 5 foot 6, is two inches taller than Lauren.

"Why don't you three go in the back to get to know each other a little bit more while I'll meet you there after I grab Ally?" Riley asked, and her toes were up ready to go run and find Ally.

"Yeah sure Riles, that would be great." Brandon replied and dragged me beside Lauren by my shirt.

"Ow." I whispered to Brandon for pulling my new shirt.

"Oh don't be a wimp Blake." Brandon rolled his eyes.

We squeezed through a pack of people, and we just made it right in front of the staff door. I searched through my front pocket and grabbed my keys and opened the staff door. Brandon was about to gesture Lauren in, but I beat him to it.

Lauren sat down on the white leathered couch, while Brandon pushed me beside her while he sat in the red love seat.

"Well, I'll start off by saying hi. It's great to have another employee and possibly friend at Bob's Diner. " I tried to greet her politely since Lauren's shy.

"Thanks." Lauren replied in a soft tone.

After that, there was an awkward moment of silence for about 2 minutes.

"Um Blake, Lauren, I'm just going to leave you here for a second while I go see Riley.." Brandon trailed off, but I knew that he was up to something.

I grabbed Brandon by the wrist before he ran off. "Brandon, what are you doing?" I asked in a whisper, so that Lauren can't hear.

"Leaving you two alone. I kind of rather this chick to be with you than Ally." Brandon responded and jerked his wrist back. "Well, bye!"

Before I could grab his wrist again, my mind went into complete utterly shock.

He wants to set me up with Lauren?

Now, he had to leave me with a girl I barely know and fire up an interesting conversation which didn't work out the first time! I'm never good at this.

"So..." I trailed off. "How do you like the weather so far?" I mentally face palmed myself for that stupid question that I just asked.

Weather? That's the best I've got?

"Um, it's a little cloudy but it's, cool." Lauren replied and looked down at her feet.

"Yeah I wish that it was a little bit more sunnier around this place during this time of time."

"Mmhm." Lauren said.

Another moment of silence occurred again with this girl. Ugh, this is driving me crazy Blake just speak!