Lady Hecate

Hermione

I ran out of the room.

Nico went to Will.

Nico went to Will.

Nico went to Will.

They are so cute!

Then I saw Nico on the stairs and my heart jumped.

Suddenly I remembered I left the book on the table. With Percy. I ran out and into the kitchen where Percy stood, holding the book.

"Percy, I can explain-"

"I trusted you." He whispered. My heart jolted. I messed up big time. Percy is loyal, and even though he doesn't always expect the loyalty to be returned, he knows when he can trust someone. And he values it.

I blew my shot at that trust.

"Percy, I had to know, I-"

"I thought you could try to control yourself. This is a big secret Hermione. I don't think you can keep it."

"Of course I can!" My voice raised. "I can keep secrets Percy! Give me another chance, I want to be included! I want to know."

"How much do you know?" Annabeth asked.

"Enough to know that your both brave, amazing fighters who will do anything for each other." I answered. I wish I had a boyfriend, or someone that loved me enough to fall into hell with me. "You both have gone through so much and I want to help. Let me be apart of whatever is going on!"

"Hermione. Voldemort knows about us. He knows my name and he knows that we're more powerful than your average wizard. If he found out you knew about us, he would stop at nothing to hurt you." Percy said. "I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want any of you wizards to get hurt! Not after I watched Sirius-" He stopped.

"I know, but we are stronger than you think." I whispered.

I had spent all of the holidays reading about demigods, myths and legends. I read about Percy and his friends as they went on their quests. It felt like I was there with them, but now as I stood in front of Percy and Annabeth, I realised that I was glad that I wasn't. I heard Percy last year. He would wake up screaming in the middle of the night, gasping Annabeth's name.

"Percy, I'm so sorry about what you went though, but we're here for you. Harry, Ron and I, we're your new friends, and you need to trust us. You need to tell them-"

"No. We've been given strict orders from Hecate not to tell you," Percy snapped. "I don't know how she would react if she found out that you've read about us. That there are books about us."

"I already know." Percy jumped. Behind us stood a beautiful lady, her eyes were mystic purple that seemed to shimmer and change in the light, her hair flowed down to her waist. She wore a purple robe which matched her eyes. 

"Lady Hecate!" Annabeth exclaimed.

"I'm sorry to cause you trouble, but I need to talk to you about this matter." The goddess gestured at the book in Percy's hands. "I planted those books in the library."

"But-" She held up her hand and Percy shut up.

"I knew that you would need some help, and Miss Granger was the one wizard I deemed worthy enough." My cheeks flushed. "I gave Dumbledore that slip of paper that led her to the books. You have no idea of the full extent of danger that you are in. Your quest is to protect Harry, and Hermione knows the boy like the back of her hand. She can help, and I need you to let her."

"Of course." Percy bowed his head. I did the same. A goddess trusted me with the secret of the demigods. This was amazing!

"I'll try my best," I told her. She nodded.

"You are my favourite." Hecate said. "Hermione, you are one of the most powerful mortal-born wizard that I have ever blessed with magic. I know that you and that big brain of yours can go far." Then she vanished. I turned to Percy who seemed to be proud.

"A goddess... just said..." I paused, absorbing the information. "Percy! She said I was her favourite!" I squealed.

"Yeah," He laughed. All contention towards me seemed to be gone. "I guess so. Welcome to the team!"

A/N

Uggghhhhh

Tests. 

I think I did alright, I have one more tomorrow though. And then I have another one on Monday. Why can't schools just spread the assessments out? Not have them one after the other and stress everyone out. 

Actually, yesterday my class got into a debate with my teacher about that. It was hilarious to watch, if my anxiety wasn't getting worse with everyone talking about what was coming up. It was because he gave us MORE assignments and the class was like 'that's not fair!' 

Well, that's my life right now, but I'm glad that I was able to get a chapter up. It wasn't the best that I've written, but I think it's alright. 

Fangirling Hermione is so much fun to write I swear. 

See ya,

~pearjam