19

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm going off. I really didn't want to go to school today mainly so I didn't have to see Zion. I got up and walked downstairs to see my mom sitting at the table drinking coffee. I walked into the living room and she looked up at me. "Can I stay home today I don't feel good and my cramps kill" I said putting my hands on the table. She picked up her cup and sipped it then set it back down to be dramatic. "Fine only because you haven't missed a day yet" she said as I nodded.

"Thank you" I said then I turned around and walked upstairs to my room. I laid back down in my bed and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up and hear birds chirping outside my window. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. I loved sleeping in it always made me feel better. I pulled my phone off the charger and saw it was 9:08 I locked it and set it down. I stood up and walked out my room I walked downstairs and no one was home. I wasn't even sick or anything I just really didn't want to go.

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when someone knocked at the door. I paused the TV and then got up I walked to the front door and opened it to see Melissa.

She smiled at me "Hey is your mom home?" She asked as I looked at her up and down. "No it's just me" I said giving her a fake smile. "Oh well will you have her text me when she gets home" she asked while smiling at me. "Sure" I said shrugging she gave me another smile and then turned around.

I shut the door and walked to the kitchen I opened a cabinet that my mom put all her stuff in. On top of everything was the paper that had Melissa's name on it. I pulled it out and walked to the table I sat down as I started to read it.

"Dear Nicole I am Gregs real mother and I know I haven't been around for most of his life but I want that to change I want to be apart of his life again but I feel like he wouldn't let me please help
-
Melissa Rhodes"

This girl has been here for a couple weeks now and my mom hasn't said anything to Greg about it? I stood up and put the paper back in the drawer then I closed it. I was about to walk upstairs when the home phone started ringing.

I walked over to it and picked it up "hello" I said "hey baby" my mom said on the other side. "Oh hey" I said pulling a chair to me. "So I'm gonna need you home tonight Melissa's coming over for dinner" she said as I sat down. "Alright" I said shrugging "Okay I'll see you later" she said "Okay bye mom" I said. "Bye baby I love you" she said "I love you to" I said then I hung up the phone.

I was upstairs sitting on my bed on my laptop trying to finish an essay when my bedroom door opened. I looked over and saw my mom "hey Melissa's coming over soon so get ready" she said as I nodded. She shut my door and I got up I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. When I got out I changed into black leggings and an off the shoulder white top on. I did my hair and makeup and then walked downstairs. While I was walking downstairs Greg was walking up.

"Someone's here for you" he said pointing at the door "oh okay" I said walking past him. I walked to the front door and opened it to see Zion. "Can I talk to you" he said as I rolled my eyes. I stepped outside and shut the door I walked to the railing of our porch and crossed my arms. "I don't like Janiah" he said as I looked past him.

"I like you and I really want to be with you" he said grabbing my hands as I pulled them away. "If you don't like Janiah why were you mad when she got a boyfriend?" I said crossing my arms again. "I don't know I can't explain that" he said sighing. I saw Melissa pull into the driveway and I looked up at Zion. "Listen I got a lot going on right now maybe another time" I said as he looked down.

"Please go home I got company" I said as I saw Melissa walk up the stairs. He turned around as I walked to the door. I opened it and Melissa walked into the house with me following her.

I shut the door as she turned to me "boyfriend?" She asked smiling. "No it's a long story" I said as we walked into the dinning room.

I saw Greg sitting on the side of the table with Elena next to him and my mom at the end of the table. I looked at Melissa and she had her eyes locked on Greg.

My mom stood up and smiled at Melissa "um guys this is Melissa, Melissa this is Greg, Elena and Aniah" my mom said pointing at us. She walked over and sat next to my mom and across from Elena. I sat down across from Greg and next to Melissa and it was quiet.

"So greg do I know you from somewhere you look familiar?" Melissa asked him as I rolled my eyes. "Um the high schools football and basketball team?" He said looking up from his plate.

They started having their own conversation as the rest of us were just sitting there. When we were all done eating my mom went into the kitchen to get the desert and she took Elena with her. "So" Melissa said sighing as me and Greg looked at her. "I want to tell you something because if this relationship goes any farther you need to know" she said to Greg as he looked at me confused.

I looked at Melissa already knowing what she was going to say. "Um Greg I am your birth mother" she said looking up. I looked up at Greg and he was staring at her with no emotion. "Leave" he sad quietly I didn't want to get involved so I just looked up at Melissa. "Wait what I thought you would be happy" she said confused.

"If your not leaving I am" greg said then he stood up and walked out the room. I stood up and looked down at Melissa as I heard the front door open and slam shut. She was looking down at her hands I left the room and was about to leave the house when my mom stopped me. "Hey where did he go?" She asked kind of mad.

I shook my head because I couldn't explain it right now. I walked outside and shut the door as I walked to the end of the driveway. I looked on both sides of myself and didn't see greg great.

"Looking got something?" I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Princeton on his porch. I walked over to him and sighed "my brother" I said as he pointing behind me. I turned around and saw Greg sitting on their swing.

I walked over to him and sat down I wasn't sure what I should say so I didn't say anything. "I'll be inside" Princeton said as he walked inside his house. "Are you okay?" I asked looking at him. "I don't want to see her" he said as I nodded. "I know" I said looking back in front of me.

"Why is she even here to make my life worse?" He said getting mad. "I know your mad but I think you should talk to her" I said as he gave me a confused look. "Well you always wanted to find out why she left didn't you" I said looking at him.

He looked down and I looked over at our house. Melissa walked out our house and got into her car as she drove away. "She will be back and when she comes back you should talk to her" I said as I heard him sigh. "I'm gonna go for a walk" he said standing up "text me when your on your way back" I said as he started walking down the steps. "Okay mom" he said as I laughed and he walked away.

I sighed as the front door opened and I turned to see Princeton walking to me. "I forgot we were at you house" I said laughing as he sat down next to me. "You good you weren't at school today and seem stressed" he said as I looked at him. "I am stressed it's a lot" I said looking down.

"What ever happened with you and Zion" he asked as I shrugged. "I don't know" I said "so you aren't dating him" he said as I looked at him. "No why?" I asked confused as he smiled at me. He leaned it while smiling and he kissed me and I'm not gonna lie it was good.

(A/N) it's not an interesting chapter but more of a family one but enjoy vote and comment please until next time