Back then

(Karmas pov)

I don't remember much from back then.

I remember starting a new school, getting introduced to my class, and having a blue haired boy volunteer to be my buddy.

All normal stuff.

I can remember...A selection of things...except the most important part, and that's his name.

I only went to that school for about 2 years, until my parents made us move away due to an...accident, I had.

During the time I was at the school, I grew closer and closer to that blue haired boy, even after I could do stuff on my own, I stuck by his side.

I never so despretly perused someone like I did him. And honestly? I don't think he minded me sticking around.

Still, if he ever remembered what happened...There would be no chance of me being forgiven.

Suddenly my eyes shot open, my body jolting up.

"Oh, your awake." My eyes only let slight blurrs of colour in, the light threatening to burn my retinas out.

So as that shade of light blue got closer, it seemed like my heart fluttered.

I leaped forward, wrapping both my arms around the bluenette, tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"Hey...Are you ok?" He returned the embrace, stroking the back of my head.

I like being held the way he was holding me. Almost like he remembered.

But I suppose it's just a habit. Hoping for the impossible.

"Karma...what happened?" He spoke softly, as to not startle me.

Yet, I still jumped up anyway.

"T-the pills!" I yelled loudly, bolting to my bedroom.

I kicked the door open, and ran to the bedside table, pulling the draw out.

I heard small footsteps following me.

I poured the contents on the draw onto the carpeted floor, despretly looking for the pill bottle.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!! Where are they?!"

"Hey, hey, calm down." He came over, and kneeled down next to me.

I felt the sweat of stress, dripping down my forehead. My hands practically shaking.

"I-i have to find them..." I stuttered, realising they weren't in the draw.

"Find what? I can help you look if you tell me."

I glanced up at the bluenette, meeting contact with thoose beautiful ocean eyes.

I took in a deep breath to calm myself, before turning to him.

"An orange prescription bottle, with pills inside."

"Alright." He smiled, and started looking around.

I filled the draw back with the stuff from inside, putting it back in the dresser.

"Is this them Karma?" He came out from under the bed, holding the orange bottle.

"OH MY GOD YES!" He crawled out I jumped and hugged him.

"H-huh?" He grunted slightly.

"GOD! I COULD JUST KISS YOU RIGHT NOW-"

The hug got a little awkward, as I pulled away from it.

"S-sorry..." I apologized as he handed me the bottle.

"N-no...its fine..."

The silence continued, as we sat on the bedroom floor.

I examined the bottle, counting the pills inside.

How many? How many did he take?

(Nagisas pov)

Am I over thinking what he just said?

I'm sure he was just happy I found the bottle. It seems really important to him.

It must be the MPD medication.

I peered at the label, as he was counting them, just out of curiosity.

'Akabane.L. Karma'

Akabane.

Akabane.

Akabane.

I've seen that name before.

I've heard that name before.

The kanji for it is strange. So there's no way I could forget a name like that.

He let out a sigh of relif, screwing the lid onto the bottle.

"So..."

"He only took one, wich explains why I was in so much pain when I woke up."

"What're they?"

"They're medication prescribed to people with dissociative identity disorder. Ya know, MPD."

"So they get rid of the other personality?"

"Not exactly. They make the personality changes less frequent. Almost like the other personality doesn't exist."

"Well then why don't you take them?"

"Uh-- Why would I-?"

"It stops the personality that isn't the natural from changing so frequently. So if you take the medicine, then the crazy personality will go away for a while, and you can just be the personality you were born with before this happened."

"I'm afraid, you have me and him confused."

"What?"

"I'm not...I'm not the actual personality of this person. I'm the personality that was made by the condition."

"So you're..."

"If I were to take theese, you would see him far more than you saw me."

"S-so...T-the real one is..."

"Yeah, the real one is the crazy one. That's why I dare defy him. I can't let him take theese pills..."

"B-but-- you haven't done anything wrong!! Why did he even take one?!"

"He's mad because I...kissed you..."

Wait...what?

I love adding backstory, but at this point I hope you have caught on to the back story, and kind of linked it to reasons.

However I do have a challenge.

When I say 'the accident' what do you think I'm talking about?

Bai!