Chapter 8

I opened my eyes to see Taehyung peacefully sleeping next to me. I smile to myself and scoot closer to him. I can feel the warmth of his body, and can hear his heartbeat beating softly. I feel everytime he draws a breath. For the first time since the whole boyfriend incident, I feel at peace and comforted. I close my eyes again and I feel his hand on my waist and I opened my eyes to see him awake. He smiles at me and I smile back. 

     He whispers, "You're finally awake, good. lets go get some dinner."

       I nod and sit up and we walk out of the tent together. Everyone is gathered around the fire enjoying some gumbo that Addi and Jin had made. Everyone turns and looks at us. 

     Addi gets up and grabs two bowls of gumbo and hands them to me and Taehyung."Geez, you guys were in there for a while. What, um, what were you doing?" 

     I roll my eyes at her and laugh. "We were just sleeping, that's all." Taehyung thanks Addi and we take a seat by the fire.

      Abbi says, "Yeah, I was worried you might've killed him, but I wasn't sure." 

     Taehyung wraps his arm around my shoulder and I lean my head on his shoulder. "Yeah, we're friends now." 

     We hear rustling in the bushes and we all turn to see Kayla trip and fall. Karissa comes out with two more men. "We didn't find service, but we have boyfriends now."

      Taehyung, Yoongi, and Jin jump up and run over to them. "Namjoon, Jimin!!" V shouts. 

     They're all in a group hug then Yoongi asks, "Wheres Jungkook and Hoseok? Are they with you?" 

     The taller one, Namjoon, shakes his head. We invite them over to the fire and dish them up some gumbo. Kayla and Karissa tell us about how they came across Namjoon and Jimin. They had gone on a walk to find service for their phones and came across a wild dog. The dog was chasing them around and they got lost in the forest. Kayla was running and tripped over a rock. She got knocked out so Karissa went and got help. She found Namjoon and Jimin. They didn't have to do anything though. It turns out the dog was just a stray. Kayla woke up and all of them found their way back. We all laugh at the story. It gets dark and the stars start to come out. We all sing songs and Taehyung stands up. I get up and follow him away from the fire. He climbs onto the truck and holds out his hand. I take it and he helps me up. Our faces are close and we're holding hands. He looks up and smiles. When I look up, im filled with amusement. I can see billions of stars and galaxies. I cant remember the last time I looked at the stars. 

     Taehyung takes my hand and sits me down next to him as I continue watching the sky. "Beautiful, isn't it?" "Its...amazing!" 

     Taehyung leans in to kiss me, until we're interrupted by Kayla and Karissa. "Oh my gosh! Are you kissing!?" 

     "Shut up Kayla!" I shout back, "We weren't!" They walk away to find a connection on their phones. Taehyung walks with me back to the firepit.