Chapter 11

"Crutchie, c'mon. We have to save Racer," Davey said as the group of marching band students circled around the back of the opposing team's school bus.

"I'm right here. Just because I have crutches doesn't mean I'm not able to keep up with you guys," Crutchie said as Jojo started opening the hatches that held close the storage on the underside of the bus.

"Guys, I found him!" Jojo yelled causing the group to run to Jojo. They found Race curled into a ball with his wrist and ankles tied, a bandana covering his eyes another one in his mouth restricting his speech.

Davey ducted down and carefully started to slide the bandana over Race's eyes. As soon as it was off they saw the emotions flow through Race's eyes as he tried to figure out where he was.

"Guys look," Smalls commented pointing at Race's hands that were signing words at an alarmingly fast rate, yet being restrained. Jojo quickly took to removing the rope, as soon as it was off Race took his hands and untied the bandana around his mouth. Following by turning on his hearing aids.

"Where's Spot?" Race asked as Davey and Jojo helped him stand on his feet.

"He's playing in his football game," Crutchie answered, "Along with Mush and all your other friends."

"Oh, ok," Race returned.

"Race, do you want to watch the game or we can go into the choir room if you want," Davey suggested.

"Choir room," Race answered.

The group made their way to the school and into the choir room. Race sat down at the piano and started to play the music that was on the piano. Crutchie sat down beside Race as the rest of the choir started to sing along.