Chapter 30 : Accomplished

Qing's POV

"I did EVERYTHING for you! I throw away my family and my life just for you. Are you fucking kidding me?!" Kyle erupted in his furious state.

>Qing!! Are you okay?< I suddenly heard Dayu yelled through our link. Fuck! He must have felt the pain! I wanted to tell him I was okay when a loud scream distracted me.

"Let me go!!!" Claire yelled again and again as she jerked her limbs around. But Kyle didn't budge even a bit. Then with a frightened Squeak Claire stopped struggling abruptly and I realized Kyle had pressed the dagger deeper into her throat.

"Ethan Black, I'll give you five second to kill the whore beside you or I'll gladly slit your sweet sister's throat." Warned Kyle with cold voice.

The mercilessness in Kyle's eyes convinced every soul that he meant exactly what he said. A drop of Claire's blood already trickled down the mirror-shiny surface of the lethal dagger.

I looked at Ethan, and I saw his hands clenched into fists but he didn't show any expression on his face. He looked around the ground, searching for something. Then he locked his gaze on one vampire behind him and snatched his gun.

"Ethan...?" The female vampire, Victoria if I wasn't wrong, called his name with an obvious scared and disbelieve in her voice.

Ethan then turned his head to his right, to Victoria and shakily pointed the gun to her head.

"No.... Ethan what are you doing?" Her voice turned to a whisper, a tearful whisper.

I calculated things in my head. If he really shot Victoria, it would be chaotic, the vampires would attack him. That meant he won't shoot her. He would most probably shoot Kyle. This few minutes that they had given me really helped my back to heal. The blood was already stopped rushing out and the pain had subsided even though the wound was still open. Then I remembered I hadn't answer Dayu before.

>Dayu! Are you alright? I'm sorry if you feel the pain. I was careless and got stabbed in my back. Don't worry I'm okay, but I got to do something. Please be safe Dayu! I beg you please don't fight unless it's necessary. I love you baby!<

I quickly mind-linked him before closed the link immediately and had my eyes scanned the ground around me but I found neither guns nor knife. I knew that Dayu and I shared some power as we mated but I didn't really know how to use it. I just found I had the ability yesterday for God's sake! I couldn't afford to use it recklessly and got everybody killed.

"No!! I can't! She's my mate! Please Kyle, just let her go!" Ethan's roar got my attention. He pulled down his hand, the gun left Victoria's head but then just as I predicted it, he pulled up his hand and pointed his gun to Kyle.

"Hahaha...." Kyle's dry laughter echoed through the woods, piercing the distress atmosphere. "You chose that whore over me and now you also choose her over your own sister." His eyes focused only on Ethan, there was only hatred in his eyes; no trace of affection or tenderness.

Then he turned his attention to Claire, "Sweetheart, you heard that yourself. Your brother doesn't care about anyone other than his mate. Unlike me, who care deeply about you. I'll set you free from all the pain you feel." A glance at his furious eyes confirmed the outcome.

Kyle pushed the dagger deeper into Claire's throat and slit her throat without blinking an eye. At once a fountain of red came flowing out from her neck, killing the poor girl fast. The vampires and wolves stood watching as if they could not hear the screams of pain. My body stiffened, I couldn't believe Kyle would actually kill Claire like that.

"CLAIRE!!" Ethan howled her name before he pulled the trigger of his gun and shot right to Kyle's head, made Kyle's lifeless body falling backwards with Claire in his arms.