Chapter 1

I'm a regular eighteen year aged, with a typical heart, but there is one fact I don't have a love life.

I  finished high school, and I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I wanted to go to college but didn't know what to study.

I wanted something exciting to happen for me and I didn't want to think about school since I just got out of school so I wanted to have fun but living in a small town, there is nothing to do so I thought it was going to be a boring summer for me.

I live with my dad, mom, and a sixteen-year brother named Steven, who people think I'm way too close to, but he is an outstanding brother and very smart so I enjoy hanging out with him.

Other than him, I have two best friends I've had since second grade. Jenny, one month older than me and there is Christi, one month younger than me. They have distinct personalities, but I still love them.

I was sitting at the table in the dining room when my mom walked in.

" Hey, honey." I looked up and smiled.

" Hey mom, you didn't have to work?" My mom was a veterinarian.

" I took off today because I and your dad have something for you. We are so proud of you and we know how hard you worked, so we thought you deserve a present, but I wanted to wait until your dad got home."

I looked at the clock on the microwave and it was 1:30 and I knew my dad didn't get home until 5.

" Knowing what time dad gets off, why did you say that then?"

" I don't know." I shook my head.

I knew the time was going to go by, so I took a walk.

My town was small and nothing exciting has ever happened here. I was walking towards the playground when I spotted Jenny.

I walked towards her, where she was swinging. I sat in the swing next to her.

" What's up?"

At first, she said nothing, but then she looked up and her face was wet like she was crying. I stopped swinging.

" My parents are getting a divorce and they are making me choose between them. I can either live with my mom, who is staying here or live with my dad, who is moving to another state."

I couldn't believe this was happening.

" What do you want to do?"

" I want to stay here; all of my friends are here, but I don't want my dad to move either."

I didn't know what to say. I stood up, and she did too. I hugged her.

" Whatever you decide, I will stand by you."

" Thank you, I knew you would."

" Do you want to take a walk with me?"

" I would love too." We walked.

" My mom told her and my dad had a present for me, but she wanted to wait until my dad got off, which isn't until 5."

" Why did she do that?"

" I do not understand but I'm trying to find things to do, to make time fly by."

" Let's see what Christi is doing?"

I shook my head yes, and we walked towards Christi's house. We saw her car in the driveway, so she was home. We walked to the door and were about to knock when the door flew opened. Christi was standing there, eating an ice cream cone.