Chapter 8

We arrived at the cafe. We got out of the taxi. We walked towards the door and Grand Nana was waiting.

" I'm guessing it's better?"

" Yes, ma'am."

" That means you can work now, both of you."

We smiled and got to work.

The day came by fast. It was time to close. I turned the sign around.

Grand Nana counted the money. Luka swept the floor.

" So, I'm guessing you will go back to the hotel since Luka doesn't need you anymore, I mean he doesn't need your help?"

" I guess I could, I need to spend time with the girls before we have to go since we only have a month."

Luka looked down.

" But I would like to stay tonight, if that's ok."

Luka looked up.

" I don't know, Luka?"

" I guess." He smiled.

We got done with everything and went upstairs. Grand Nana cooked dinner.

Me and Luka went to his room. We sat on the bed. He turned to me.

" So, what was it you needed to tell me?"

" You want me to tell you now?"

" Yes."

" Do you want to wait until after dinner?"

" Nope." I looked at him, he looked serious.

" Well, I was sixteen, and I dated this guy named Scott, he was popular and a football player and why he picked me I have no clue but he did. I told him I was a virgin, and I wanted to wait until one I found genuine love or get married, and I thought he understood that because he acted like he did. So, everything was perfect for a month, until we were at his house and we were making out and he went too far. I tried to stop him but he got aggressive and I finally slapped him and he got off and told me to get out so I did."

"The next day at school, everyone was looking at me and talking about me, not knowing what they were saying, Jenny and Christi, told me that Scott has been telling everyone that I was trying to have sex with him and when he wouldn't I slapped him and I left his house. I told them that's not what happened, and they believed me. For the next couple of weeks, that news finally quit. They invited me and the girls to a party, so we went. We got there, Scott was there, and he looked like he has been drinking for a while. He walked to me and tried to kiss me, but I backed away. He looked at me and asked what the matter was. I didn't want to get sucked into this, so I walked to the bathroom."

"Not knowing he was following me, I walked into the bathroom and when I tried to shut the door, he walked in and shut the door and locked it behind him. He slapped me in my face so hard that I fell and hit my head on the sink. I blacked out. I don't know how long it was when I finally woke up, but my panties were off and there was a lot of blood on the floor and down my legs. I knew what happened, but I didn't want to go out there looking like this by myself so I tried to call the girls but they didn't answer their phone so I called my brother. It was still light outside, so he made an excuse to leave. It was only two streets down. My brother called me and asked where I was, and he went to the bathroom. He helped me up, and we walked out of the house."

"We walked home. My parents were in the kitchen and my brother yelled at them. I just fell to the floor. I told them what happened, and they took me to the hospital. I went to the hospital, and they did a rape kit on me and they also tested me for STD's just to make sure and they came back negative and they had to put two stitches because he ripped me. He didn't use a condom because his sperm was inside me. I went home and took a shower. I was very depressed. I didn't want to talk to anyone. But then my brother came and took me by the hand and looked at me and said you are letting him win by doing this to yourself and others. I looked at him, thinking where he got so smart and I knew he was right."