Chapter 19

Two weeks came by fast. It was time for Christi to come home, I missed her and wanted to see her.

She had left me a text saying she was boarding the plane and she would call me when she was here.

I was in my bed when my phone rang and it was Luka. I was debating whether to answer because I was still upset about the whole thing so I let it ring.

I got up and got dressed and went upstairs. My parents still haven't shared their story and maybe Steven was right, maybe I didn't need to know.

My mom was in the kitchen and Steven was at the table. I walked to my mom and gave her a hug.

"I want to apologize for being rude to you and dad, maybe there is a reason you didn't tell me about your past but you could have told me about your best friends but left out the trading husbands."

My mom looked at me.

"I just want to know one thing though, is there a possibility that the father I knew all my life isn't my father?"

My mom sat down on the stool. She was hesitant to answer my question but I gave her time, just then my dad walked in.

He looked at me and then walked to my mom and sat next to her. He grabbed her hand and looked at her and smiled. I felt that my life was about to change.

"There is one reason why we didn't tell you about them was because of the fact we were swingers, that is something you don't tell your kids but we should have told you about them and just left that part out but then again you would have never known about me possibly not being your father."

"So, there is a chance of you not being my father?"

"A strong possibility but the only way we can know for sure is a blood test."

"So, my father could be the one who died two years ago instead of Luka's father?"

"Yes."

"So, the love of my life could be my stepbrother?"

My mom and dad looked at each other.

"So, you did fall in love with Luka?"

"Yes, I did but then he wants to break up with me so it will not be too painful for us when it was time for me to leave so that is why I left early."

"Sometimes he does remind me of your dad."

My dad just smiled.

"But he doesn't look anything like you thought."

"That doesn't mean anything, Steven doesn't look like me, he looks like your mom but I know for a fact he is mine."

"So, that means he will be Steven's brother? So, how can we find this out for sure because this is getting too much for me."

"We would need DNA from Luka and well, he is in another country and you are not talking to him for a good reason but it's still hard."

I really didn't know what to say to him, he really hurt me and I needed to get out of there away from him and I know he wouldn't come here and leave Grand Nana.

"Could I just get the test done?"

"Yes, I guess you can."

"I will make a call to get that started."

I got up and started to walk towards my room.

"Becca, I'm really sorry for not telling you, I didn't do it to make your life hard."

"I know mom and I'm sorry for acting that way to you and dad, I was just hurt that you kept a secret like that plus, Luka doing what he did."

She smiled at me.