Chapter 13

It seemed like I just fell asleep when the alarm went off. I got out of bed and got dressed. I went to the bathroom, trying not to think about those envelopes in the closet.

I walked towards the kitchen and made the muffins.

The directions were forward and easy to follow. I was so busy getting these muffins made, and I didn't realize that Luka was sitting at the table.

"Oh, you scared me, what are you doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep. Are you almost done already?"

"Pretty much, it was easy, and having easy directions helped a lot."

"You know it's 8 already?"

"No, I didn't, I have to take a quick shower. Can you watch the last batch of muffins for me?"

Luka shook his head. I walked to him and gave him a kiss. I needed to stop thinking about that picture. I went and took and quick shower.

I got out and got dressed. I walked out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen. Luka was taking out the last batch.

"I need to get dressed so I can get the register ready."

He walked away and went to his room. I got all the muffins and put them on the trays. I picked one tray up and walked downstairs.

I went behind the counter and open the display. I put the first tray in. I got all the trays on the display.

Luka walked downstairs and got the register ready. I made sure everything was stocked, and I swept the floor.

I went outside and made sure I cleaned the tables off and I emptied the trash.

I went back to the store.

"Are we all set to open when it's time?"

"I think so."

"We have a little time, are you hungry?"

"I can eat."

We went upstairs and into the kitchen. I sat at the table and he got two bowls down. He got two spoons in the drawer. He went to the refrigerator and got the milk out. He walked to the table.

"Breakfast of champions."

"I love cereal. I can eat it for lunch and dinner."

We ate our breakfast. Got everything cleaned up in the kitchen.

"It's time to open the café."

We went downstairs. I walked towards the door and opened it. People were already coming. So it begins.

We got busy fast and then at a slow, steady pace. I was getting tired and hungry.

But all I could think about was that picture. I didn't understand, and it confused me. But I needed to stay focused.

Grand Nana was depending on me since this was my idea. I didn't want to disappoint her. The day went by fast. The phone rang, and I picked it up.

"Hello."

"Is this Becca?"

"Yes, it is, who is this?"

"This is the nurse from the hospital, I just wanted to let you that your grandmother is getting released today around 6."

"Ok, great, we will be there."

I hung up the phone. Luka walked in.

"That was the nurse from the hospital, she said that Grand Nana is getting released at 6."