Chapter 22

Luka walked to the door and was about to knock when dad opened it.

"Oh, I'm sorry sir."

He looked confused.

"Why are you calling me sir?"

"I don't know what to call you at this point."

"You can call me David because I'm still trying to wrap my head around this myself I'm sorry if that sounds rude."

Luka understood what he was saying.

"Do you want me to go?"

"No, not at all, here let's sit down."

They sat down on the couch.

"How are you doing with this information?"

Luka was kind of weird out about it since he has slept with his kind of sister but not really."

"There are pros and cons. The pro is that I do have a father who is alive, cons are that Becca's father is dead and I and Becca have..."

Luka had to stop himself because he didn't know if she had told them about them having sex. David looked at him.

"I know you and Becca are together in every which way because I know my daughter and upset she was when she came home."

Luka was getting pissed off with himself for doing that to her, he still didn't know why he thought that was a good idea. And the idea of him hurting her pissed him off.

They really didn't talk about that since he has been there and maybe that isn't important anymore.

"So, where do we go from here?"

David just stood there, he didn't know what to do either.

"I honestly don't know."

They were lost in words.

"I have to leave tomorrow so I wanted to spend time with Becca before I left since I'm half owner of the café, I have to go back."

"Why do you think Grand Nana did that? I mean give both of you the café, I wouldn't think she thought Becca would just pack her stuff and leave."

Luka really didn't know why she would do that but he had some idea.

"I can't tell you what she was thinking but I think she did it so we can stay together because she knew we were meant to be together and plus, Becca is an adult and could make her own decision about her life and I know she didn't do it to make people mad either, she really loved Becca."

David knew he was right, Becca is an adult and she needed to do something with her life and no matter what a DNA test said, she was still his daughter but he knew he had to let her go soon or later but he was hoping later. He knew what he had to do.

There was a knock at the door ad it opened. Becca walked in.

"How is everything in here?"

They looked at each other and smiled.

"Is doing ok."

"Well, mom wants to know what everyone wants to eat for dinner."

"I think you and Luka need to spend time with each tonight since he is leaving tomorrow, I will talk to your mom."

He gave Luka a nudge on the arm and kissed Becca on the head. He walked out and shut the door. Luka sat on the couch. Becca walked to the couch and sat beside him.

"Are you ok?"

"I think so but I don't think your dad like this at all and I don't blame him either, I, myself, don't like this but what can we do, I leave tomorrow but you will still have to stay, knowing that David isn't your real father, I don't want you to treat each other any differently."