Chapter 4

I got off the elevator, and there was Gus waiting. I walked over to him.

" You look great."

" So, do you?"

" Thanks. Are you ready to go?"

I took his arm, and we walked out of the hotel.

" So, what do you want to do? This is your date, where ever you want to go."

" I really don't know where to go here."

" Then I will take you where I like to go." I shook my head my head yes.

We walked. We came up to a lake with a gorgeous view. We say down at the edge. He took off his shoes and put his feet in the water. I did the same. The water was warm.

" This is beautiful."

" I go here to relax after work."

" This is nice."

" So, are you going to tell me your two's story?"

It surprised me.

" What are you talking about?"

" You and Luka."

Again, me having to hear his name on a date with another guy.

" I just met the guy yesterday, and he was a jerk to me and then I worked with him today and he was rude to me the entire day so there is nothing going on with me and him. Trust me, he is not my type, even though I don't have a type, but if I did, he wouldn't be mine."

" Sorry, I didn't know it was a sore topic for you." I shook my head.

" Can we just enjoy each other and not talk about him, please?"

" Sure."

" Are you hungry?"

" I could eat."

We stood up and walked.

We got to a little cafe. It was nice, but not as nice as my cafe. We walked in the gate.

A woman walked towards us and walked us to a table. She handed us our menu. Asked us what we wanted to drink and then walked away.

" I know this isn't a home cafe, but I thought you would like a new scenery."

" Thanks." Then Gus shook his head.

" What is wrong?" He said nothing. I turned around. I turned back around.

" We can go somewhere else."

" No, we were here first. Maybe he didn't see us."

Then the hostess came to our table.

" The couple wanted to know if they could join you?" I shook my head.

" Sure they can." I just looked at Gus.

" What are you doing?"

" Testing you."

" For what?"

" Can't tell you."

Now, Luka and some girl, he was with walked to our table.

I moved next to Gus and they say next to each other. She wasn't even that pretty. But what do I care? This is a terrible date, but I would not give them a reaction.

" So, how is your date going?"

" It was going great until..."

" Hi, my name is Gus and you?" He put his hand out for Luka's date to shake.