Chapter 18

"I wonder what that was about?" Christi asked.

"I have a funny feeling what that was about, I will be right back."

Jenny started walking towards the café. She got to the café and saw Luka taking an order. She walked towards him. He looked up and saw her. He turned around and walked inside.

"Can we talk?"

"I'm kind of business."

"I don't care, what did you do to Becca?"

"I did what I had to do, I broke up with her so it would be easy on both of us when she leaves."

Jenny couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Are you freaking kidding me, you thought it would be better for who? You?"

"I don't expect you to understand but I had to do it for..."

"You, don't dare say it was for her because it wasn't. You couldn't handle that the fact she was leaving, and you knew it was going to happen so you made her hate you. That was a perfect idea and because of you, she is gone back home."

"Wait, what?"

"She is on her way home, I hope you are happy with yourself." Jenny started walking away.

Luka just stood there. Didn't know what to say.

"What have I done?"

Grand Nana walked downstairs.

"Becca went home because of me."

"What?"

"Jenny just came and told me she left."

"Did you think she was going to stay here without you?"

"I guess not."

Luka finished the shift and then went to his room. He sat on his bed, really didn't know what to say, but he knew he messed up.

There was a knock at his door. Nick walked in.

"They asked me to give these to you, the girls are pretty upset with you."

He handed him the box full of the letters.

"I don't blame them, it's my fault that Becca went home early."

"I'm not in the place to judge."

"It's something I thought needed to be done and now she hates me."

"Hate is a strong word."

"She said she hated me."

"Just let her cool down. Well, if you need anything, call me, don't be a stranger."

"I won't." Nick walked out of his room.

Luka opened the box and read them. He saw the pictures, and he picked up one of his and Becca's parents. He looked at it carefully.

He stood up and dropped it. He couldn't believe what he was looking at. He picked the picture up and turn it around.

It said "25 weeks and counting." Luka was confused. He walked out of his room. Grand Nana was sitting at the table.

Luka sat next to her. Handed her the picture. She looked at it for a minute and then laid it down on the table.

"Is there something you have to tell me?"

"I was dreading this day to come but I need to tell you something and you may not understand it right now but it's something that needs to be told."