Chapter 24

It seems short since I fell asleep because I was getting woke up by a kiss. I opened my eyes and I saw Luka giving me a kiss.

"Good morning."

"Good morning to you."

"I was wondering when you were going to wake up."

"You tired me out last night."

Luka laughed.

God, I'm going to miss that laugh and that beautiful smile. Of course, I have pictures but it's not the same.

"Is everyone up?"

"Yes, mom is making breakfast."

I got up and got dressed. We went upstairs.

"Good morning sleepy head."

My mom said kissing me on my forehead.

I sat down at the table.

"Breakfast will be done in a few minutes, are you ok sweetheart?"

My mom should have known better than asking that question.

"No, but what can I do, he has to go back, he has responsibilities but I feel like I'm disappointing Grand Nana."

"I don't think she did what she did to make you feel that way."

I knew my mom was right but I still felt bad. Luka sat beside me and put his arms on my shoulders.

"Like I told you before, I will love you and you have a place to stay if you ever want to come and visit, that is a promise."

"So, that is what that ring means?"

I looked at my mom and she smiled. My dad walked in.

"Hey Luka, I was wondering if I and Becca could take you to the airport."

"Of course."

I can't believe it was that time for him to leave. I started to cry. Luka turned me around and gave me a hug.

"Don't cry, this is not a goodbye, this is a see you soon."

It still was not the same, he won't be here with me.

"Breakfast is served."

My mom got plates and silverware and set the table. I got the food and put it on the table for her. We sat down and started to eat.

I didn't want to talk about anything but my brother couldn't let things go.

"So, let me get this straight, does this mean that Luka is my half-brother because we have the same dad but not the same mom?"

"Yes, Steven."

"And Becca is my half-sister because we have the same mom?"

"Again, Steven Yes."

"So, that means Becca and Luka are not blood-related because they don't share a parent?"

"Yes, now can we eat in peace?"

"So, basically if anyone who should be mad about all of this is Becca because she lost two dads'."

My brother Steven has always had my back, that's why we are so close, I could talk to him about anything and he would never judge me.

I never thought about what he was getting at but he was telling the truth, I was worried about Luka. But, I didn't want to think I lost my dad because he has been the only dad in my life.

I looked at Steven and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Can we finish our breakfast?"

I knew that my mom was getting aggravated. But Steven did have a good point, my parents' lifestyle, when they were younger, has messed me up.