Chapter 17

We finally arrived at a gorgeous restaurant. We got out of the taxi and Luka paid the driver.

We walked towards the door, and there was a man. He opened the door, and we walked in. We walked towards the entrance. There was a lady at the desk.

"How can I help you?"

"Do you have any tables available?"

"You got here just in time, we got a cancellation just now, so come this way."

She got two menus. We followed her to a table was in a corner. We sat down and she handed us the menus.

"Your server will be right with you."

We shook our heads, and she walked away.

"We could have cooked something at the café."

"We are there every day, I like new scenery."

"Good point."

"Are you still mad at your parents?"

"I' am, I still don't see why they thought they couldn't tell me about them, they were important to them."

"Let's not think about it tonight"

"You are right, I'm sorry." He grabbed my hands and kissed them.

The waitress came to our table; she handed us our menus.

"What can I get you to drink?"

"I just want water."

"Me too."

She nodded her head and walked away. We opened our menus, I couldn't believe this food, it all looked so good. The waitress came back with our water.

"Are you ready to order?"

"Can I get the lasagna, please?"

"That sounds good, I will get too."

The waitress walked away.

I was trying not to think about my parents and them not telling me, but it was hard, my parents usually share things like that with me. Why was this different?

The waitress came back with our food. I took a bite, and it was so good. I couldn't stop eating. A man came to our table.

"Do you want your pictures taken?"

"Sure."

We blend in and smiled. He took one picture and then another. He gave them to us. Luka handed him some money, but the guy wouldn't take it.

"It's on me." Luka nodded his head.

"Thank you so much."

The man nodded at me and walked away.

"Our pictures together and it was taken two weeks before you have to leave."

He handed me my copy.

"I thought you would not bring that up?"

"I'm sorry."

We finished our food, paid the bill and left the restaurant.

Luka was silent on the way home and I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I had a feeling what was wrong so I left it alone and doing what Nick told me to do. Let him come to you.

The taxi stopped in front of my hotel. I got out and so did Luka.

"Do you want to spend the night with me this time or go to your place?"